First Time

Decorating By brenda1020 Updated 8 Feb 2009 , 7:02am by janine1972

brenda1020 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brenda1020 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 5:52am
post #1 of 5

well i have been doing cakes for a month, i just complete my first wilton today .today i was really sad because i was late i was about to cry my cake came bad cooked icon_cry.gif so my teacher call me to see if i was going ,i told her i was running late she said just bring ur icing but get over here ,so i did and i felt better .so today i learned the rose its really hard and i loved my cake .i just hope that next time ,i feel better it seems that everytime my cake cames out bad i want to quit icon_sad.gif . well i just hope i learn alot from u guys .and dear god please dont let me quit icon_smile.gif

4 replies
Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 6:13am
post #2 of 5

There's no quitting allowed here icon_biggrin.gif

Some people on this site are professionals and have been doing this for years. Some people are true artists with a gift. Some people just like to bake. Some people just need an idea for the child's birthday. The one thing that ties us all together is our love of cake! If you are here, then you must love cake and I guess you want to improve. So keep at it! Practice, practice, practice is what I see time and again and it's true. Each cake I make seems to be getting better since I keep learning something new. icon_smile.gif

Now if I could just convince my sister-in-law to get married again so that I could make her a better wedding cake!!!

dg10148 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dg10148 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 6:16am
post #3 of 5

Welcome
You will learn a lot from here. There are so many people willing to help if you need it just ask. Don'T quit it gets easier with practice.

HoldensNanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HoldensNanny Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 6:40am
post #4 of 5

Welcome- I have only been a member of this site for about two weeks or so- You can get a lot of help here- I have been decorating cakes for about ten years now, I just looked at my cake class photos from ten years ago and some of them made me laugh out loud! icon_biggrin.gif
Don't give up on yourself -Cake decorating gets better as you go! thumbs_up.gif

HoldensNanny

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 7:02am
post #5 of 5

Hi there

We all have days where things just seem to go wrong, and we might not be happy with the way it looks etc, but it is amazing how no one else sees all our flaws - lol except here and then no one criticizes the flaws, they may point them out, so that we can see where we went wrong - which is good for us!!! it helps us to try harder next time, and as they say practice makes perfect!!

Dont give up!!! Just take a deep breath, and maybe a break from what youre working on, then go back with a clear mind, and continue, fix up where we make boo boo's etc.
This is how we learn, by our mistakes!!

Good luck with all your cakes - and never Give Up!!
Big hugs!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%