Edible Print Images

Decorating By vicky Updated 10 Feb 2009 , 2:33pm by fiddlesticks

vicky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicky Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:41am
post #1 of 7

I have a groom's cake that needs an edible print image to go onto fondant. I sure don't want to spend the money on a machine that I would use rarely. Does anyone know where I can get one printed? icon_smile.gif Thanks.

Vicky

6 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:46am
post #2 of 7

I get mine at Safeway

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:57am
post #3 of 7

A while back before I got my own printer I called all of the bakeries in the city and found one that would print it for me. I e-mailed it to him and he called me after he printed it. I believe he charged $5.00 but that was a long time ago. When do you need it?

Ldydesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ldydesignr Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:57am
post #4 of 7

Usually if they have a bakery in the grocery store, they have an printer to print the edible images for you. When we had one made it was fairly decent price, can't remember exactly but it was less than five dollars. Good Luck!!

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 9:46am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamoSweets

A while back before I got my own printer I called all of the bakeries in the city and found one that would print it for me. I e-mailed it to him and he called me after he printed it. I believe he charged $5.00 but that was a long time ago. When do you need it?

You now have a printer to do edible images? I am thinking about getting one.. do you have any recommendations? TIA

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 2:22pm
post #6 of 7

Yes, and I use it all the time! I have an Epson C88 and love it. I had a Canon before this one and had problems at the end but it lasted a long time. I found the Epson for less than $100 at an office supply and it has paid for itself over and over. I have purchased edible ink to refill the cartridges that I initially purchased from Kopykake and so far so good. A printer for edible images opens all kinds of doors with ways to decorate and add accents to your cakes. I hardly ever use it for people's images unless I use photoshop and put a child's face on a quarterback's picture or something similar.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 2:33pm
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%