Ten-Year-Old's Spa Birthday ...

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 9 Feb 2009 , 3:49pm by tastyart

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:20am
post #1 of 6

A friend's little ten-year-old girl is having a "makeover" birthday party, where she and her friends are getting their nails done and hair fixed by a friend of her mom's, who happens to be a beautician. I've seen some really cute ideas for make-up bags, and purses, and girls in bathtubs, and of course, the girl with the cucumbers over her eyes and towel on her head. I'd like to offer her something a little different, though, since none of those so far has really blown her away, and I'd like to make her something cute. So please, if anybody has any cute ideas for something along these lines, please drop a line! I love sculpted and molded cakes, so let'em rip. Thanks!

-Emi.

5 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 6

Well, apparently people make and sell "cakes" made out of all sorts of non-edible things now a days. I've seen diaper "cakes" and flower "cakes" and now, I've found spa "cakes":

Maybe an actual cake made to look like one of these "cakes" will work?

emiyeric Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 1:30am
post #3 of 6

Haha! OR I could just tie a couple of towels together and call it a day icon_wink.gif ...

I do like the last one as a potential source of inspiration for an actual cake, though icon_smile.gif. Thanks for the suggestions!

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 1:49am
post #4 of 6

These are totally cute ideas! Has anyone actually made a cake that looks like a "diaper cake" ? I'd love to see it!

emiyeric Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 4:40am
post #5 of 6

Heehee, that's just way too confusing for my poor feeble little brain. A cake made to look like a non-cake that looks like a cake ... yeah, I need a drink icon_wink.gif.
I just got a note from my friend, who said her daughter had decided she wants a straightforward two-tiered cake with nail polishes and lipsticks (real ones) mounted on it so her friends can take them home. Not my favorite, since I like everything to be edible on cakes, and it annoys me to use real stuff on them, but it's what she wants, so it's what she'll get! I can still make it pretty and elaborate from a gumpaste perspective, even with the real stuff on top icon_smile.gif.

tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 3:49pm
post #6 of 6

I hate putting non-edible stuff on my cakes too. I guess you have to give them what they want though.

I love the color scheme on the last towel cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%