Petit Four Cakes

Decorating By LadyBugMom Updated 5 Feb 2009 , 11:07pm by ddaigle

LadyBugMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyBugMom Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 5:01am
post #1 of 14

Okay, I need some help. I'mgoing to be doing petit four cakes. I need to know basically what am I doing? Do I take a 4 inch round cake pan make cakes, then cut, cover and decorate or is it more dificult. Thanks for all your help in addvance. Website links welcome. Thank you,LadyBug

13 replies
amy2197 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy2197 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 5:34am
post #2 of 14

Haven't done them since culinary school. We always did sponge cake on a sheet pan. Cut, filled, measured, and cut again. I definetly wouldn't a round pan. Way too much wasted cake. Even if you're doing round desserts. Sheet pan is best method for me.

tammy712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammy712 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 5:51am
post #3 of 14
FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:30pm
post #4 of 14

Fantastic instructions with photos here: http://cakesandcupboards.blogspot.com/search/label/petit%20fours

(Scroll down)

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 9:59pm
post #5 of 14

Sheet cakes, like Amy, fill, frost then freeze for a while, makes cutting easier. I use cookie cutters and glace icing or pourded fondant!

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 10:10pm
post #6 of 14

I made my first 10 dozen this Christmas. I actually really like to make them. I am the minority. Lisa's instructions are great. Good luck!

ddaigle Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 10:11pm
post #7 of 14

BTW.....WASC cake makes incredible petit fours!

LadyBugMom Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 10:11pm
post #8 of 14

THANK YOU!! LadyBug

LadyBugMom Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 10:28pm
post #9 of 14

I'm a little slow but what does "wasc" mean. I am looking these websites up because I have not clue. I am really excited to learn, it's okay for me to have left overs because I will be trying the cake balls too. THank you, thank you, thank you. THanks for the lift ddaigle.

P.S. Is their a special trick to red velvet cake? just wondering.

LadyBugMom Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 10:35pm
post #10 of 14

Okay I understand the less waist now, duh. Sorry a little slow. Also how do you charge for petit fours? I'm making these for a booth at a fair for tasting different kinds of cakes. Would the square be better than a round? I don't think left overs are going to matter, because the little girls who are trying to fit into their dresses will probably appreciate the littler pieces. Thank you for your thoughts. You gals are GRRRREAT!!

FlourPots Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 10:41pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBugMom

I'm a little slow but what does "wasc" mean.

"White Almond Sour Cream" cake

LadyBugMom Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 10:57pm
post #12 of 14

I've never heard of that where's the receipy cause it sounds devine, and I want to try it!
Thanks, Teya

ddaigle Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 11:07pm
post #14 of 14

Ladybug...personally, I like square. I bought one of those VERY square 11x15 cake pans from my party supply store and I have very very little waste. I make my 1.5 x 1.5....it makes a ton! Have fun.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%