Question About This Cake...please Help?

Decorating By Jeannie21 Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 11:32pm by Jeannie21

Jeannie21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannie21 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 5

I want to make this cake for my husband (link below) but It says to bake it in a 9x13 and doesnt say anything about being able to remove it. does this mean i cant take it out to frost it? I know that it says to poke the cake with hiles and pour the milk mixture into the cake so im guessing that maybe it would leak or something? maybe thats silly but i just wantto know if i can make this cake, take it out of the pan, and frost with the whipped topping. or do i have to leave it in the pan? TIA!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1377-Creamy-Coconut-Cake.html

4 replies
michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 5

I haven't tried this recipe, but thins is one that's meant to be left in the pan. Kind of like the cakes that you poke holes in then pour Jello into.

Tweedie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweedie Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 11:05pm
post #3 of 5

I think it may not work to flip it out of the pan because once you poke holes in it and pour liquid over it the stability of the cake will be compromised. It possibly wouldn't come out of the pan all in one piece. You could try pm'ing the person who posted the recipe to see how soggy the cake actually gets. Good luck!

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 11:10pm
post #4 of 5

I haven't make this make but it's like the 3 leches cake and I do this all the time I take the cake out of the pan and let it cool; after I put plastic or aluminium in the pan and put the cake inside of the pan again, next put I put the milk and put in the refrigerator after a hour I take it off from the pan and star to decorate it with the frosting I use Pastry Pride all the time If you look in my pictures most of my cakes are 3 leches cover with Pastry pride. HTH. if you have any question pm. icon_smile.gif

Jeannie21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannie21 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 11:32pm
post #5 of 5

ok thanks for all the answers! Ill try it the way misabel99 said and if it doesnt work, i know not to take it out of the pan lol icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%