Mmf Fondant

Decorating By paula1234 Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 11:09pm by tootie0809

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 3

I know everyone has heard this question before, so here goes. I am new to mmf, I have always use satin ice, which I really like. I am now brave enough to try to use mmf. My question is when do I flavor it? Do I flavor it while melting the marshmellows or while kneading it? I have heard that if you use mmf, then you will not use anything else. Like I said, I really like satin ice, but it is really stiff, takes alot of kneading. I have MS and my hands are really bothering me. I usally get one of my boys to knead if for me without complaints. MMF, looks like it would be easier for me. Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!

2 replies
turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 10:53pm
post #2 of 3

If the recipe calls for 2 Tbsp. water, for example, I put 1 Tbsp. water and 1 Tbsp. vanilla. After I put the marshmallows in the bowl, I put in the water and vanilla and heat it in the mocrowave. I just decrease the water according to how much flavoring is going in.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 11:09pm
post #3 of 3

Also I find warming the MMF in the microwave for 10 seconds really helps it be easier to knead. I love MMF. Took me a few batches to finally get it right, but now I absolutely love it! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%