Display Cakes In Storefront

Business By pastrychef101 Updated 5 Feb 2009 , 9:52pm by pastrychef101

pastrychef101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrychef101 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 4

I've been in my new commercial space for a year now. The entire front of the space is windows...two large and two small but are the same height. I have a few dummy cakes displayed, and although not much direct sunlight enters the space, my cakes are getting sunbleached and faded. They don't sit directly in the windows, and no matter where I place them in the shop they are affected. After about a month they don't look very appealing...faded and yellowed. I want people to be able to look into my shop and see the wedding cake displays so would rather not completely block the view with blinds. Anyway, does anyone have the same problem? Any suggestions on how to display my cakes and avoid the fading, bleaching issue? TIA! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 4

How about window tinting using polarized film?

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 12:57am
post #3 of 4

That would help a lot (the window tint) but I'd have it professionally done. They have kits, but if you don't know what you are doing you get the air bubbles and it looks awful.

pastrychef101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrychef101 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 9:52pm
post #4 of 4

I really can't afford to tint the windows at the present time. So I guess I'll have to compromise for now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%