Is This A Good Deal?

Decorating By Honeychild Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 3:59am by Honeychild

Honeychild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeychild Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:08am
post #1 of 6

I am very excited because I have found a 'heavy duty' kitchenaid professional mixer on kijiji for $200. It is a 5 Qt. I am going to go see it tommorow and if it pans out I'm going to buy it. THe seller says it was not used very much. It will come in the box. Yeah!! What do you think boys and girls, a good deal?? I think they retail for like $450.

5 replies
Jeannie21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannie21 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:16am
post #2 of 6

sounds like a good deal to me! How exciting!! icon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:17am
post #3 of 6

Sounds like a good deal to me and I am happy for you to have found it!!

Just plug it in and make sure it runs and sounds good, and, comes with the mixing bowl, whisk and paddle attachments. It should have a dough hook too. Those pieces can add up in a hurry if you have to purchase them separately.

Hope it is in perfect condition and exactly what you are wanting! thumbs_up.gif

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:22am
post #4 of 6

Sounds great. As long as it doesn't spark, smoke, burrrr, or anything else weird it seems like it's a dream! Some people receive stuff like this as gifts and don't like to cook at all.

Terri05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Terri05 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:35am
post #5 of 6

I would put a load on it. Some machines run until you put a load of mix in it and then it starts complaining. You may want to put some stiff batter in and see what happends.

Honeychild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeychild Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:59am
post #6 of 6

Good ideas about testing it out first. I think I'll take some flour with me and test drive it. icon_wink.gif The seller won't likely guarantee anything once I've paid and gone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%