Thank You!!!!! An Appreciation.

Decorating By aquamom Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 4:31pm by CatherineR

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 5

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone. I have been reading this website for several months now and I am surprised at how much I have learned.

I made three cakes for my DD birthday party. My DD wanted Lorikeets on her cake. I can't draw a square. I was going to try and practice but due to unforseen circumstances I didn't have the time that I thought I would have. But it all came together. I did a transfer using decorating gel for the Lorikeets on one of the cakes. The cakes were far from perfect but the Lorikeets were recognizable and my DD was so thrilled. I was thrilled too because I did something I thought I never could accomplish.

IndyDebi I used your icing and everyone loved it. To all the professionals and hobbyists--hats off to you all.
And to all the those who earn a paycheck doing this--you aren't getting paid nearly enough.

Sorry to ramble but I am again so deeply grateful for this website.

4 replies
kkitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkitchen Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:21pm
post #2 of 5

I think that it is very thoughtful of you to say that. I am not also a person reading the forums. But, I will say one thing. The people on here are so sharing with all their knowledge and expertise. So I too need to say Thank You to all of you who share in some way or another.

Thanks

CareyI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CareyI Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 5

I know....doesn't this website ROCK!!!! icon_lol.gif I too have had so much help and inspiration from here. I just LOVE it! thumbs_up.gif

zamku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zamku Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:26pm
post #4 of 5

Me too! I didn't know anything about decorating, never heard of gumpaste or fondant, and now I can at least bake cakes for my family that look as well as taste good. I now have the courage to take part in my daughter's school's fundraiser and am going to have my own cupcake stall!

CatherineR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CatherineR Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 4:31pm
post #5 of 5

I, too, would like to say a big THANK YOU to all of you that have already figured things out and are so generous with us newbies with your knowledge. I am always amazed at how quickly someone gets a response once they post a question. I spend quite a bit of time reading the forums because it's a wealth of information. Again, THANK YOU icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%