Help Can't Find Bettercream

Decorating By ziert003 Updated 3 Feb 2009 , 12:49am by cylstrial

ziert003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziert003 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 4:39am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone know of a place to buy the liquid Bettercream in Minnesota (Mpls./St. Paul area)?

I called all the Sam's Clubs and they only sell the whipped 28lb buckets for $31. I have a small cake and not a lot of freezer storage. I see Sugarcraft.com carries it but the shipping is nearly $10.00. I'm really trying to avoid making buttercream from scratch. Since my local cake supply place closed I've been struggling to find supplies.

Thanks for any info.

4 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 8:00pm
post #2 of 5

Unfortunately, I can't help you. I was just wondering why the website that you listed came up like this [blocked].com.
It's kind of weird. I mean I know that sometimes you can't list websites...but most of the time you can. So it's odd to me that this happening now. There was another post the same way earlier today.

Good luck with your issue. I just wanted you to know that people can't read which website you are trying to tell us about.

archanac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
archanac Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 5

There is only one cake/candy supply store website that I know that shows up blocked. From what I have read in past forums, a lot of CC members have not received good feedback from that store. Also, I think even Jackie & Heath have had problems with them. That other website also has a lot of unresolved issues listed with the BBB; as a matter of fact they are rated as an F (A+ is the highest rating and F is the lowest) with the BBB. icon_eek.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 12:32am
post #4 of 5

Don't know about your area. Do you have any Gorden's Food Supply stores? Or Smart N Final? Those are usually a good source.
If you can't find Bettercreme look for Frostin Pride. It's basically the same thing.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 12:49am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by archanac

There is only one cake/candy supply store website that I know that shows up blocked. From what I have read in past forums, a lot of CC members have not received good feedback from that store. Also, I think even Jackie & Heath have had problems with them. That other website also has a lot of unresolved issues listed with the BBB; as a matter of fact they are rated as an F (A+ is the highest rating and F is the lowest) with the BBB. icon_eek.gif

Gotcha! Thanks for letting me know. The only thing is.. since I don't know the name of the company and I don't want to order from them either!
Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%