I Would Love To Talk To Any Cake Decorators From Greece

Decorating By tasteebakes Updated 19 Oct 2010 , 6:09pm by venere

tasteebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasteebakes Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 4

I would love to get some good information on living and working in Greece. I currently own and operate a little donut/cake shop in the US. My husband has been a restaurant manager for the last 17 years.

Would there be any opportunities for us in Greece or is it just a dream?

Would love any info.

Thanks in advance!

3 replies
adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 1:08am
post #2 of 4

There is a member who has a shop near Athens...I will see if I can find her info cause I haven't spoken to her in a while. If you go to a major city, my experience is that they *the Greeks) like the good stuff in life. They love designer clothing, high-end cars and beautiful furnishings.....so I think a specialty cake shop will do very well.

But, keep in mind, that Greek pastries and desserts are exceptionally good. You have to be sure to have a tasty product .

If I find her info, i will post it for you.

I'm very jealous. I love Greece!

tasteebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasteebakes Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 12:57pm
post #3 of 4

...and I love Rocky!

I have spoken by email to a lady who owns the shop CAKE! there.

Let me know if you find her info.

Thanks!

venere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
venere Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 4

Hello, I'm not sure how I fell upon this message but I am a cake decorator in Greece, more precisely on the island of Chios. I realize that this is an old message, but if you're still interested in the info you're inquiring about I suppose I can help. Who knows, maybe you've moved over and opened your own shop since writing this!! So let me know if I can help icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%