Cupcake Carrier?

Baking By CourtneysSweets Updated 18 Feb 2009 , 4:17pm by EyeCandy

CourtneysSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CourtneysSweets Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 22

So I want to be able to carry more than 24 cupcakes securely. I saw one on amazon that holds 36 called the cupcake courier.. Does anyone have any recommendations? icon_smile.gif

Courtney

21 replies
andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 22

Hi Courtney & welcome to the forums!

I can tell you from my perspective the Cupcake Courier is the best product out there for this purpose, I absolutely LOVE that thing! I was lucky enough to find it on sale, but I would seriously pay full price for it, it is wonderful and making cc's for my sons class was never so stress free icon_smile.gif They do carry it at Bed Bath and Beyond and sometimes Target, but at BB&B you can use one of the 20% off coupons that come out almost weekely.

There have been lots of talks about this, if you do a search, but here is a link to one of the most recent discussions,

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=612846&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Hope to see you around the forums lots! Andrea

freakgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freakgirl Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 12:58am
post #3 of 22

I second the Cupcake Courier. It's well-constructed and my cupcakes are always safe and sound when I use it.

CourtneysSweets Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:35am
post #4 of 22

Thanks for the warm welcome icon_smile.gif I am definitely getting the cupcake courier!

cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:45am
post #5 of 22

I was lucky enough to find mine at Target on clearance for $17... BEST $17 I ever spent! You won't regret it! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

JulesM7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulesM7 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:47am
post #6 of 22

It is great for cupcakes, and I love that a 9X13 cake will fit in there also!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:49am
post #7 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeco

I was lucky enough to find mine at Target on clearance for $17... BEST $17 I ever spent! You won't regret it! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Wow, that's a good price! It's on the Amazon web site, but not at that price.

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:54am
post #8 of 22

I got the Triple Cupcake Carrier from ABC Distributing - it's great!
If you know anyone who gets the catalog...I think you have to subscribe...
We get it at our place of business.
Good luck!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 4:03am
post #9 of 22

I just checked eBay, they have several, if you search for 'cupcake courier'. They run about $20-$25 plus shipping.

aa053103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aa053103 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 7:44pm
post #10 of 22

WOW!! Becklynn...thanks for letting us know that ABC has it. It's only $10. This is a great deal.

Ana

Strazle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Strazle Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 7:53pm
post #11 of 22

I have two of the ones that come from ABC/Lakeside and they carry 36 each. I love mine!

aa053103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aa053103 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 8:02pm
post #12 of 22

Really? I just saw both online and they only hold 27. Is it a different one?

Ana

lvspaisley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lvspaisley Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 5:19am
post #13 of 22

I just bought a cupcake courier and I really like it. The only thing I do not like about it is there is not enough room between the trays for a big SWIRL. One layer swirl, you'll be good. If you like it to look like soft serve ice cream on top, then you will be disappointed. However, I do love it for standard one-swirl cupcakes. It's very easy to carry!! icon_smile.gif

CourtneysSweets Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:11pm
post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvspaisley

I just bought a cupcake courier and I really like it. The only thing I do not like about it is there is not enough room between the trays for a big SWIRL. One layer swirl, you'll be good. If you like it to look like soft serve ice cream on top, then you will be disappointed. However, I do love it for standard one-swirl cupcakes. It's very easy to carry!! icon_smile.gif

Did you purchase it in store or online? I can't seem to find any store that carries them in store.

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:56pm
post #15 of 22

I bought mine online, Amazon and eBay both have them. They're running about $29.99 + free shipping. It took 3 days to reach me and I love it!

EyeCandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EyeCandy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:45pm
post #16 of 22

I've been eying the Cupcake Courier as well on Amazon but they sold out of the blue I wanted. I'm glad to read such rave reviews about it on here, so when they come back in stock (or if I see them in the store) I'll snatch it up.

I would recommend (for 18 cupcakes only) the Tuppeware cake taker, I have that in the teal blue and love it, I can flip the bottom and store my cookies or bigger cakes and than use the other side for my cupcakes. icon_biggrin.gif

CourtneysSweets Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:04pm
post #17 of 22

I also want the blue and yellow.. All seem to be sold out or used. Maybe I'll spend the extra for shipping from BBB.

EyeCandy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:07pm
post #18 of 22

If you order it from BB&B and than obtain a 20% off coupon and your receipt I heard you can bring it in to the store and they'll give you do a price adjustment to your account. Just check with your local store first so you don't waste a trip.

CourtneysSweets Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:09pm
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baketastic

If you order it from BB&B and than obtain a 20% off coupon and your receipt I heard you can bring it in to the store and they'll give you do a price adjustment to your account. Just check with your local store first so you don't waste a trip.

I was told that by the manager.. yes it with some stores. I plan on doing that but just have to wait to get a coupon. Seems like they are always around when I don't need them but when I do they are MIA! Like everything! icon_lol.gif

EyeCandy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:10pm
post #20 of 22

Exactly!! And they don't ever really expire either so I don't know why I keep throwing them out. Haha. Good luck and happy shopping!!

CourtneysSweets Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:16pm
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baketastic

Exactly!! And they don't ever really expire either so I don't know why I keep throwing them out. Haha. Good luck and happy shopping!!

Acutally, I believe this month they stopped taking expired coupons. icon_sad.gif

EyeCandy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:17pm
post #22 of 22

Oh no!! icon_sad.gif Thanks for the heads up!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%