Edible Image Printer... Which One?

Decorating By cakesbykitty Updated 26 Jul 2009 , 11:11am by gingersoave

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:30am
post #91 of 213

Kitty......So happy to hear you got your printer and all accessories!! icon_biggrin.gif Have fun! I know I plan to! icon_biggrin.gif

Dee..........yes, it is compatible with Vista. I just set mine up last week and it is the CX8400. thumbs_up.gif

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:46am
post #92 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodlesjupiter

Okay... I went out looking, and I couldn't find the CX8400, but they have the NX300.... anyone have any idea if this one works well? Do you think any Epson is good? TIA!

I have the NX400. I found it on craigslist.com for $50, new in the box icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:55am
post #93 of 213

Teekakes. When are we going to see an E.I. cake ?

Teekakes Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:09pm
post #94 of 213

icon_lol.gif I don't know when I will do one for sure. I may use it for parts of my grandsons birthday cake though. He wants a race car cake.........one like those NASCAR Funny cars. icon_confused.gif Sure hope it comes out recognizable as a car! icon_lol.gif

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:41pm
post #95 of 213

i have a shower cake coming up that has about 12 lines of text... goign to use my machine to print it and hand do the rest. hope i can match the sage greens!

nanny6sap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanny6sap Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:19pm
post #96 of 213

Edible Images I can see where this could be a hot item and help to really personalize. After reading all the post I have really got the can't live without really bad. Now to just get hubby to see that the investment in this economy would be worth it.

Yomomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yomomma Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:26pm
post #97 of 213

So, am I figuring correctly...Printer $60, Ink $72 & frosting sheets $28 = $160 to get started? Or are there other things I need before beginning?

Teekakes Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:28pm
post #98 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakesbykitty

i have a shower cake coming up that has about 12 lines of text... goign to use my machine to print it and hand do the rest. hope i can match the sage greens!

That is a lot of text! Your EI should be a perfect asset for this project! Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Be sure and post it in this thread so we don't miss it, please. icon_smile.gif

Nanny...........they are a good investment and in this economy I think even more so. Hope you are able to get one! icon_smile.gif

Teekakes Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:34pm
post #99 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomomma

So, am I figuring correctly...Printer $60, Ink $72 & frosting sheets $28 = $160 to get started? Or are there other things I need before beginning?

Yep, that's it! You should not need anything else. thumbs_up.gif

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:36pm
post #100 of 213

Nickshalfpint- How long have you had your NX400? Does it work well (any clogging problems), and does it drink the ink like crazy? I'm trying to find one that I don't have to order online, as we just had some fraudulent activity through our Paypal acct. where someone hacked it somehow and spent $1600 out of our bank acct. that was linked to it. I finally got it all back, but needless to say, I'm a bit paranoid right now. I did see the NX400 @ Staples... I believe it was for $100. Is it worth it? Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Edited to add: I also saw the NX300 somewhere for $60 with an instant rebate... does anyone know what the difference is?

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 6:30pm
post #101 of 213

Yomomma.. Your right on, thats all you need !
They really are fun to have as a cake/cookie toy!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 7:37pm
post #102 of 213

Here's a link to the software I use for edible images http://www.deco.uk.com/content/view/101/137/ You can download it for free and you don't need credits to use it. I think it's much easier to use the the one from kopykake. It is compatible with vista.

cakesbykitty Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 9:34pm
post #103 of 213

woooo hooo tiggy 2! headed there right now! i have kopykakes software but it feels like a 5th grader made it.

tiggy2 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 9:53pm
post #104 of 213

No offense to kopykake but I don't like their software at all.

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 10:21pm
post #105 of 213

Don't mean to jump in but interesting topic what's better espon of the other one? Just curious becuse last time this topic went about some people were able to find the CX8400 for $29 at Target, just hoping I will too.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 10:25pm
post #106 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by panchanewjersey

Don't mean to jump in but interesting topic what's better espon of the other one? Just curious becuse last time this topic went about some people were able to find the CX8400 for $29 at Target, just hoping I will too.

Wow...wish I could find an Epson CX8400 for 29.00!

cakesbykitty Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 10:33pm
post #107 of 213

OK ALL!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I just printed this off my $30 (ebay) epson workforce 30 printer... in about 3 seconds per sheet! It is loud but crazy fast!

I printed several sheets of calligraphy text and will "cut and paste" them on to the final fondant covered cake. It is supposed to be just like the invitation, there is NO WAY i could have piped this all this well
LL

tiggy2 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 11:21pm
post #108 of 213

From what I've read the canon has a lot problems with the head clogging. I can only speak for the epson I have and I love it.

panchanewjersey Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:58am
post #109 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakesbykitty

OK ALL!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I just printed this off my $30 (ebay) epson workforce 30 printer... in about 3 seconds per sheet! It is loud but crazy fast!

I printed several sheets of calligraphy text and will "cut and paste" them on to the final fondant covered cake. It is supposed to be just like the invitation, there is NO WAY i could have piped this all this well

Where did you but the ink for that printer I found one on ebay and would like to buy it, oh and how much does it cost? Thanks a million. By the way prints real nice.

cakesbykitty Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:32am
post #110 of 213

kopykake ink cartridges and icing sheets. the initial cartridges were something like $78 but then you can buy refills.

Teekakes Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:55pm
post #111 of 213

Kitty.........Your printer did an awesome job for you!! Looks great!! icon_biggrin.gif

Tiggy2..........thanks so much for the link to DECO! I went there and downloaded after seeing your post yesterday. I played entirely tooooooo long! It seems to be an excellent program. Thank you for sharing that link with us!! icon_biggrin.gif

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:59pm
post #112 of 213

Ok, I posted in How Do I...so now I see these postings so here I go again.
I bought 2 camera's at Ritz camera's, they each came with a FREE PRINTER!!! woo hoo...anywho, then I find out I can use either one for my cakes and they were free *dancing* So now for the question:

Which is best and why?

Epson CX 7800 does all
Cannon PIXMA iP6310D does all

OK, HIT ME WITH IT!!!

cakesbykitty Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:26pm
post #113 of 213

i love the deco program too! i used it for the pages i printed! much better than kopykake's software.

tiggy2 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 5:06pm
post #114 of 213

You're welcome Teekakes and kakesbykitty, glad you like the software. I like it much better then kopykake's and think it's much easier to use. And the best part is you don't need credits to use it. kakesbykitty, did you figure out how to change the font size?

cakesbykitty Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 8:31pm
post #115 of 213

i figured out the font size, just can't put a send text box in yet.

kalida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalida Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 10:45pm
post #116 of 213

Anyone know about the lexmark brand printers? Can these be used? Thx

panchanewjersey Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 12:31am
post #117 of 213

Or any luck with any other printer Dell, Lexmark, Canon or just any other printer too? Anybody ahve any luck with any of those please tell. Thanks!

tiggy2 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 2:06am
post #118 of 213

The only ones I know of that you can get edible ink cartridges for are epson and canon and only certain models of those. Kopykake has a list of printers they sell cartridges for.

Teekakes Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 3:53am
post #119 of 213

I am with Tiggy on the printer knowledge................what she said is all I know as well. Do go to the KopyKake website and you will find a complete list of EI printers. icon_smile.gif

DegaDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DegaDee Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 11:48am
post #120 of 213

Do you have a preference of Kopykake over Icing Images? If so, why? I see that II only carries product for Canon, but they are a little cheaper than KK.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%