Why Is This Foam Company's Name Blocked?

Decorating By adven68 Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 1:39pm by FromScratch

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 9

I've been using a foam company based in Texas for a long time, and I know a lot of CC'ers also use them for cake dummies. Today, I tried to advise someone here of their name, and when I looked at my post, their name was blocked, like this: Dallas Foam

anybody know the reason?
Thanks!
Irene

8 replies
sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:07pm
post #2 of 9

I'm pretty sure that its bc thet have deal with global sugar art nd do not want any other names listed on the site. you will probably have to pm someone the name.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 9

D allas F oam?? I want to know too. I think it's silly to block the names of companies. (even the whole S ugarcraft fiasco). Whenever thier name is mentioned there are enough people who jump in and advise against them. It's so hard to write posts having to write in special code to get certain word combinations to show up. I can almost understand the blocking of the bigger swears... almost... but not the companies.

FromScratch Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:13pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar wishes

I'm pretty sure that its bc thet have deal with nd do not want any other names listed on the site. you will probably have to pm someone the name.

For real?? icon_rolleyes.gif I love Alan and his store... but I highly doubt that D allas F oam is his direct competition... they only sell cake dummies and he sells so much more. That's a bit extremist if that's the case.

edited to add "a bit". icon_biggrin.gif

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:34pm
post #5 of 9

I agree with you, I read it in another thread when others were getting annoyed that names were being blocked.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 9:09pm
post #6 of 9

In regards to the sug arcraft blocking; I understand it was done as a legal agreement with lawyers and the site, due to the mess about them a few years ago. I don't know anything about the foam place.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 1:26am
post #7 of 9

I hope they aren't blocked. I found out about them from this site and just received my first order from them on Friday. They are cheap and quick. I couldn't believe how much cheaper they were than other sites and they are never "out of stock" as other sites were.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 8:21am
post #8 of 9

Without knowing the correct answer, I would be willing to bet that it is because the owners of the blocked sites don't WANT to be linked from here. Which seems odd but sometimes some people have their reasons. So the only way to prevent people from linking to the sites is to block the term which is why we have to alter the spelling to make the word show up. I know the same thing is in place for b aking 911, I think the owner of that site did not want to allow access to her site in that manner. I always assumed it was a similar scenario for anyone else who is blocked.

Here's a thought: maybe it is because the blocked sites do not want CC to show up when people Google their company name. For example, since their name is blocked, I noticed if you google it the way jkalman spelled it below (with the spaces)...these very CC posts show up!

Just my hypothesis anyway Image

FromScratch Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 1:39pm
post #9 of 9

hmmmm... could be. I have never heard anything but good things about the foam company who shall not be named (icon_lol.gif) on here so I wonder about it. If anyone hears one way or another color me curious.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%