What Is The Funniest Cake-Related Dream You've Had?

Decorating By LisaR64 Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 7:37pm by Idreamofcakes

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 26

I often dream about cake. Last night, I dreamed I made an elaborate 6 foot tall cake for the Simpsons (yup, the cartoon family LOL), and I was chasing Bart around and around the cake, trying to stop him from knocking it over, or sticking his fingers in the icing before the party guests arrived.

Just wondering if anyone else has funny or weird cake-related dreams like I do?

25 replies
niknipscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niknipscakes Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 2:00pm
post #2 of 26

I have had a few dreams to which I hold cakecentral responsible for , as I drag myself away from here at night and lay awake thinking of cakes, I once had a dream of a huge blob of royal icing chasing me down the road, woke up completely freaked out, also dreamted of giant cookies and my last cake terror dream was about a tv appeal for my kidnapped chocolate chips. I some times thing i'm going cake crazy.LOL

niknipscakes Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 26

Adding to that Jackie and Heath should be ashamed of themselves..........they warn of addiction but not of impending cake dreams lol only kidding J&H you guys are fab.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 26

........last cake terror dream was about a tv appeal for my kidnapped chocolate chips.........

ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 26

I don't really recal having many FUNNY dreams...seems like most of them are more like cake nightmares, and almost always invoves delivery problems.

A most memorable one had me inthe church basement baking the cakes, the last layer was just coming out of the oven and I heard the bridal recessional being played....oh no! icon_cry.gif

niknipscakes Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 3:16pm
post #6 of 26

Holy moley!!! that would be a cutting it abit fine nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!

Magnum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magnum Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 3:22pm
post #7 of 26

I've said buttercream in my sleep a few times, so i've been told lol

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 3:30pm
post #8 of 26

mine usually relate to what i got to bed thinking about. i made marzipan for the first time last week and i dreamt about how happy i was to have made it - lol!

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:35pm
post #9 of 26

im not a dreamer, although im a terrible sleep talker, never trust your secrets with a sleep talker lol!!!!! according to my husband, he came to bed the other night, and i was fast asleep (Snorning too lol) and he pulled the blanket back, i sat bolt up right , eyes wide open and said

Me ' Do you know how to do the cake'
DH ' Which cake'
me ' You know, THE cake '
Dh ' errr no'
me ' ahh, thats ok then'

then aparantly i lay down and went back to sleep . . . lmao aparantly when i asked him i sounded very concerned for some reason, funny thing was tho, i wasnt doing a cake at the time lol

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:39pm
post #10 of 26

I don't recall what cake dreams I've had, but I do know that one of my cakes prompted SOMEONE ELSE to have a dream!

I had sent a picture of my armadillo cake to a friend last week and she replied the next day saying after she saw the cake she dreamed that night that armadillos had infested her yard and they were setting live traps everywhere trying to catch them!

newmansmom2004 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:43pm
post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caths_Cakes

im not a dreamer, although im a terrible sleep talker, never trust your secrets with a sleep talker lol!!!!! according to my husband, he came to bed the other night, and i was fast asleep (Snorning too lol) and he pulled the blanket back, i sat bolt up right , eyes wide open and said

Me ' Do you know how to do the cake'
DH ' Which cake'
me ' You know, THE cake '
Dh ' errr no'
me ' ahh, thats ok then'

then aparantly i lay down and went back to sleep . . . lmao aparantly when i asked him i sounded very concerned for some reason, funny thing was tho, i wasnt doing a cake at the time lol

LMAO!!!!!! Next time post a warning for those of us who are drinking coffee while reading. Hot coffee out the nostrils...OUCH!!

Caths_Cakes Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:44pm
post #12 of 26

hehe Sorry, thats why i never drink my coffee hot lol!!!

newmansmom2004 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:47pm
post #13 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caths_Cakes

hehe Sorry, thats why i never drink my coffee hot lol!!!

I'll bet your hubby wakes up some nights just scratching his head wondering, "What the heck did that woman eat before she went to bed???" I live with a sleep-talker and it's a riot sometimes to hear the conversations he's having with himself. Of course, he never remembers any of it.

Caths_Cakes Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:58pm
post #14 of 26

i never remember anything! aparantly ive accused him of trying to throw our son out of the window, ive asked him to nail a sock to the wall, if he would make sure to put the bins out with the lids left open ?!?! ( no reason why the lid would need leaving open?? ) the conversations are funny from what he tells me, most of it comes out complete gollebygook and doesnt make sense lol!

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:59pm
post #15 of 26

Funny you posted this today.
I was/am completely stressed out - took 3 cake orders for today when I typically only take 1 cake a week.
Of course, the 6" tier of my 2 tiered cake is crooked and I hate the way this cake is turning out.
Last night I dreamt that the woman came to pick up this cake earlier then scheduled and I did not have any more icing to finish the cake while she was waiting.
My husband said, no problem, look, I finished it for you! Doesn't it look great? I just used salsa around both tiers as a border and the colors blend so well!

I guess I should go back to doing only 1 cake a week!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 6:06pm
post #16 of 26

After reading (sugarshack) Sharon's recent blog entry late one night, the one where she shows how she organizes all her supplies, I dreamt that one of my sister's and I broke into her house...we were looking at all her stuff (the things I had seen in her photos), I even opened the big drawer where she keeps her pans, I was trying to be quiet because Sharon was upstairs moving about.

Our intent was to steal ONE thing, but we got scared when we heard footsteps approaching, so we ran...that's all I remember.

Let me just say, I'm not and have never been, a thief in real life, I swear...LOL.

Caths_Cakes Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 6:08pm
post #17 of 26

omg heheheheh thats so funny!!! i wish i had dreams!! i problies do, i just never remember them icon_sad.gif

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 6:27pm
post #18 of 26

Korensmommy :

Quote:
Quote:

I was/am completely stressed out - took 3 cake orders for today when I typically only take 1 cake a week.
Of course, the 6" tier of my 2 tiered cake is crooked and I hate the way this cake is turning out.
Last night I dreamt that the woman came to pick up this cake earlier then scheduled and I did not have any more icing to finish the cake while she was waiting.
My husband said, no problem, look, I finished it for you! Doesn't it look great? I just used salsa around both tiers as a border and the colors blend so well!

hahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Salsa! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Love it! Sounds like something my DH would do/say. In a dream of course, not awake.

newmansmom2004 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 6:30pm
post #19 of 26

This thread is too much fun! icon_biggrin.gif

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 6:57pm
post #20 of 26

Notice my scree name? Its for a reason! LOL
I am a dream talker & walker have been since I could walk and talk. My mom always had huge bells hanging on all the doors because she was afraid I would leave the house during the night!

So about a year ago a was doing a cake that had me stressed, I don't know why but it did. Well apparently I decided (in my sleep) to get up and get it all mixed up. So when my DH got up at 3:45 am for he walked into the kitchen to get his coffee and the kitchen was whirling away on a batch of buttercream...I on the other hand was sound asleep! He was laughing so hard and told me he was going to hide it from me every night! BTW the B.C. tasted kinda wierd, not horrible, but wierd...still don't know what I did to it.

Another time I did dream I was trying to barter with a lady for her brand new cake supplies, there was thousands of them...I told her she could have my breast implants!!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 8:40pm
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofcakes

Another time I did dream I was trying to barter with a lady for her brand new cake supplies, there was thousands of them...I told her she could have my breast implants!!

LOL...that's so funny! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 11:14pm
post #22 of 26

I haven't had any recently, but I do recall some decorating nightmares years ago. I was in charge of a fundraiser for my FHA group in high school. We made these giant heart shaped cookies, with custom writing. People would order, we'd make the cookies over a couple days and deliver them. We got a LOT of orders considering it was a town of 400 people. By the time we were done, every year, I'd dream I was being chased down the halls of the school by a 6' tall cookie carrying a machine gun full of pink icing!!

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:24am
post #23 of 26

These stories are great... it's good to know I'm not the only one that has weird cake dreams all the time.

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 4:57pm
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofcakes

Notice my scree name? Its for a reason! LOL
I am a dream talker & walker have been since I could walk and talk. My mom always had huge bells hanging on all the doors because she was afraid I would leave the house during the night!

So about a year ago a was doing a cake that had me stressed, I don't know why but it did. Well apparently I decided (in my sleep) to get up and get it all mixed up. So when my DH got up at 3:45 am for he walked into the kitchen to get his coffee and the kitchen was whirling away on a batch of buttercream...I on the other hand was sound asleep! He was laughing so hard and told me he was going to hide it from me every night! BTW the B.C. tasted kinda wierd, not horrible, but wierd...still don't know what I did to it.

Teri- You're so funny! Always good for a laugh!

The only dream I still remember was when I was making DD's b-day cake and planning/baking everything for my son's classroom party, I dreamt that I had gotten all of the ingredients for both (DD's party and son's), and all of the pre-work (i.e. fondant pieces, icing made, etc.), but I forgot to do any of the actual baking. Freaking out had to go BUY grocery store cr@p.... and we all know that that's a fate worse than death!

Cake4mykids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4mykids Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 5:16pm
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by korensmommy

This is so funny. I read this to DH he said "Mmm...sounds good" God, I hope he was kidding. But, he'll eat just about anything. LOL

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 7:37pm
post #26 of 26

Oh come on with all the posts on here there have to be more cake dreams and/or nightmares!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%