Not Too Long Please.....

Decorating By panchanewjersey Updated 31 Jan 2009 , 10:14pm by FromScratch

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 2:17am
post #1 of 6

How long did it take you home bakers to get business flowing, so you were actually making something during the week as well as weekends? I can't seem to really get it going as much as I want, of course ads aren't in my favor since I'm in Cali and you all know how that goes. I'm a little impatient, as much of my work has been given away due to family asking for things. icon_rolleyes.gif

5 replies
panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 6

I know there are many home bakers can you just give a little insight please. 72 people have read this post and no one can say a thing. Hmmmm

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 6

I'm sorry hon, 72 people have read this and not responded, probably because it's hard to tell what you're asking by the subject line.

It's going to be hard to get an answer to your question because people who are not licensed but running a full-steam business aren't going to want to discuss it in a public forum.

People who are licensed and running a full steam business probably have different methods and timelines for when they became really busy all the time.

I suggest hanging out for a while in the business forum and soaking up all the info there. icon_smile.gif

MegWinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MegWinn Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 6

CA has some of the most stringent laws regarding food prep - home businesses are BIG no no. I don't suggest you advertise due to legal ramifications. I suspect that most people don't want to touch this topic because it causes so much angst ie: pitting the homebaker against the licensed baker. Good luck with whatever you do.

MJ2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJ2008 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 9:59pm
post #5 of 6

I agree with the others. My guess is that it's because you can't be legally baking out of your home here in California (we're really close to each other, BTW) so nobody can really tell you how to run a business without being legal. If you're not licensed, you don't want to advertise, but you could probably get quite a bit of business by word of mouth. I've heard that you can't make business cards that say what you do, but you can have one with your name and phone number on it.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 10:14pm
post #6 of 6

I didn't answer because you wouldn't like what I have to say about it. Many others haven't answered for likely the same reason. No one wants to play a part in you breaking the laws in your state becuase we don't want you to get in trouble. Cali is super strict.

Best of luck to you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%