How To Pick/buy An Airbrush

Decorating By valerieInga Updated 1 Feb 2009 , 6:29am by valerieInga

valerieInga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valerieInga Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 3

I was recently at Michaels looking at art airbrushes. Is that the kind you use for cakes or is there a special kind for cakes. Also do you need a special food coloring or do you use regular liquid or diluted pastes? There were a few price ranges and I don't want to have to pay too much since I don't know if I would like it or use it alot. Thanks for all the help.

2 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 3

They make special air brush colors for cakes. Do a google search and you will find several brands. Any airbrush will work, it's the compressor you need to worry about. You want one that you can adjust the PSI on and has a moisture valvue on it. Airbrushes come as either single or dual action and gravity or bottom feed. Mine happens to have a side feed that can be changed from left to right. It just depends on your budget and the finished results you are looking for. I'm true a believer in the old saying "you get what you pay for".

valerieInga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valerieInga Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 6:29am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to get back to Michaels to see what they all have. By the way, your puppy avatar pic. looks like my nephew dog.

Quote by @%username% on %date%