Anyone Have A Pic Of Chocolate With Red?

Decorating By dance2874 Updated 31 Jan 2009 , 6:53am by j-pal

dance2874 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dance2874 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 3

My best friends parents anniversary is coming up- 40 yrs. And she wants me to make a cake. She really has her heart set on chocolate fondant with red accents. Does anyone have a pic of something like that? I am worried the contrast between the 2 wont be enough and the red will sort of blend in. I am trying to steer her to just white or ivory with red, but if somebody here has a pic of choc/red I would love to see it! I was looking in the galleries and not finding anything.

THANKS!

2 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 3

I have a couple of things with brown and red and I have to say at first I thought the same thing, but once they were together it didn't look sooo bad!! Here ya go!
LL
LL

j-pal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j-pal Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 6:53am
post #3 of 3

Here's a cake I did with red fondant, trimmed in chocolate... and you're right, there's not a lot of contrast. You might go with a milk chocolate and a brighter red, or try adding a touch of gold to trim your red in or something. Do chocolate fondate and then use ribbon bottom borders with a red ribbon over a gold ribbon, then have red roses or another type of flower, tipped in gold or something.... ? Just a thought!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/652148/red_rose.jpg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%