Need Help W/ A Wedding Cake

Decorating By lasvegasmommma Updated 30 Jan 2009 , 2:15am by leah_s

lasvegasmommma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lasvegasmommma Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 12:42am
post #1 of 3

Hi Ladies!

I am making a wedding cake for my cousin and have a few questions.

1. She wants the cake to have a buttercream icing, and I would like to put a harlequin pattern (diamond) on the icing. I am thinking I can let the icing crust, then use a tool to press the pattern on. Problem is... where can I buy this tool???

2. Where can I find a nice, fairly inexpensive, square cake stand?

3. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good online source that sells square cardboard-ish or plastic cake plates/tier seperators? It is going to be three layers, and I need to find something sturdy, and SQUARE that I can place the layers on.


2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 1:25am
post #2 of 3

I can help some.
1) yes you can use a press. Earlene Moore sells them as do other on line places.
2) Have you thought of making one? OR renting it from a place like Abbey Rents?
3) You don't need sqs separator plates. You can use rounds. Just match the size round to the size sq. It won't matter that the edges aren't on a plate as long as you have the cake on a board.
Wilton used to sell sq plates. Don't they still carry them?
You might check w/a Pizza restaurant if they have sq cardboards. Tape or glue 2 or 3 together then cover w/grease prof paper.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 2:15am
post #3 of 3

SPS makes square plates. Check Oasis Supply .com They would be the easiest to use and very sturdy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%