prterrell Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 10:49pm
post #2 of 4

2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
2 pounds whole milk ricotta cheese
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1/4 tsp cinnamon oil
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest

Beat ingredients until smooth.

If it's too thick, add heavy cream, a tablespoon or less at a time until you acheive the desired consistency.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:00pm
post #3 of 4

Mine is basically the same recipe, but I add nutmeg, not cinnamon. And ixnay on the lemon zest (cause I am just not a lemon kinda girl its a personal preference). You can add orange zest for a slight orangey flavor, but I just add some mini chocolate chips and some chopped roasted pistachios. Tastes just like the cannoli's that my best friends Italian grandfather used to make.

ilovecke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilovecke Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 4

thank you very much. my receipe was
1 qt 1/2 and 1/2
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
6 heaping tablespoons of cornstarch

cook on the stove and do not stop stirring until the first bubble of a boil comes to the surface. remove from heat and let cool to room temp. put into a plastic container and refridgerate overnight. then beat in a mixer until smooth.

sometimes it comes out and sometimes it does not. Sometimes it is way too thick and boy! you can really taste the cornstarch! and other times it is so runny, it runs out of the canolli shell. I tried the ricotta cheese recipie but i used part skim whipped ricotta and that too was runny. I will try it with the whole milk ricotta. i am determined to create a canolli filling that works every time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%