If You Live In Fort Riley, Kansas Area...

Decorating By linnag Updated 19 Mar 2009 , 10:38pm by tanyascakes

linnag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnag Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 5

I need your help. I will be moving next month to Fort Riley area and I want to know where can I find a cake supply store in the area. Thanks icon_smile.gif

4 replies
karensue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensue Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:22pm
post #2 of 5

Welcome to the area. I live between Manhattan and Wamego which are about 15 minutes east of Ft. Riley. There really aren't any "cake supply" stores here, other than Hobby Lobby. There's a cake decorator, Vern's Cakes, that has some supplies, but not many that I use. I get most everything I use from the internet.

linnag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnag Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks karensue, right now I'm living in Germany so I'm used to buy almost everything on line.
Thanks again icon_smile.gif

shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 5

linnag, I just moved from Germany to Texas! Hobby Lobby is going to feel like a dream after the limited selection BX/PXs have! Good luck with your PCS! (PCS is a military move, for all those non-military people.)

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 10:38pm
post #5 of 5

Hi, sorry it took so long to see this email. I live here at Fort Riley, in Ogden actually. I recently got here from Germany too so I can feel the pain-lol!! I did find a cake supply place in Topeka, inside of the Fairlawn Plaza. It is called the Cake and Candy supply store. They actually have alot of stuff in there. I found several kinds of fondants, cake boards-even masonite-, etc. I even found that they have a great selection of Lorann oils! I just went there on a whim when I was taking my dad to the VA hospital there. I do still order stuff online. But it is okay for being in the middle of nowhere. Haven't been to Vern's yet. Where is that?? Hope this helps, sorry it is late.

Tanya

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%