What Are You Doing For Valentine's Day?

Decorating By sweetneice Updated 30 Jan 2009 , 5:23am by CookiezNCupcakez

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:35am
post #1 of 11

HEY GUYS! What are you doing to promote sweets for your business? Any good suggestions out there?

10 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:39am
post #2 of 11

I'm doing heart cookies -- I have a few different cool ideas floating around in this little head of mine! icon_lol.gif

sweetneice Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:52am
post #3 of 11

Cool! Good luck bob!

craftyone65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftyone65 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:35am
post #4 of 11

I'm making cookie bouquets and taking some samples to the local schools this week to get some orders (hopefully). Our little town really goes all out for Valentines day.

sweetneice Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:38am
post #5 of 11

That's great too! I hope you get tons of orders!

bobwonderbuns Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:42am
post #6 of 11

What are you doing Sweetneice?

sweetneice Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:48am
post #7 of 11

I'm thinking of doing a his & her heartshaped cake surrounded with heart shaped cookies. I call it Sweets For Your Sweetie Valentine's Day Package. For the kids.....I'm thinking of doing heart shaped cookies with a red buttercream rose on it. Just a few thoughts, I have a few more in mind too! Thanks for asking bob!

bobwonderbuns Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:09pm
post #8 of 11

That sounds like fun!! Please be sure and post pix when you're done!! icon_biggrin.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 6:04pm
post #9 of 11

Not really doing anything this yr but here's a tip for all:

Make your red icing NOW!! It will keep and it will get more intense in color as it agesicon_smile.gif Also if you are going to use black for accents get it going now. If any of you have followed advice I have given on here several times you should be saving all your little dibs & dabs of icing in the fzr; now is the time to pull it out and add black to it icon_smile.gif Keep it in the fzr OR frig. It's only a couple of weeks now until the big V day. Depending on how much you do for V day you might want to make up a whole batch of red icing; maybe start w/pink and then turn 1/2 of it into red. OR divide the batch in 3rds & color it: pink, lavender & red

sweetneice Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:04am
post #10 of 11

Oh, what a GREAT suggestion! I'll follow that instruction! Thanks

CookiezNCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 5:23am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Not really doing anything this yr but here's a tip for all:

Make your red icing NOW!! It will keep and it will get more intense in color as it agesicon_smile.gif Also if you are going to use black for accents get it going now. If any of you have followed advice I have given on here several times you should be saving all your little dibs & dabs of icing in the fzr; now is the time to pull it out and add black to it icon_smile.gif Keep it in the fzr OR frig. It's only a couple of weeks now until the big V day. Depending on how much you do for V day you might want to make up a whole batch of red icing; maybe start w/pink and then turn 1/2 of it into red. OR divide the batch in 3rds & color it: pink, lavender & red

Thanks !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%