Dobord For 9.99

Baking By hammer1 Updated 31 Jan 2009 , 4:33am by hammer1

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 8

ok, i got your attention....i had never heard of this thing until this morning, so i checked of the web site people said to look at....i thought it looked great but i didn't have $72 for one. i decided to try the no fail sugar cookies today and as i grabbed my kitchen gormet silicone cookie sheet the light bulb went off. this cookie sheet has a 1/4 inch metal ring that goes all the way about the silicone to support it (you can't see the metal it is enclosed in silicone). i plopped all my dough down on the sheet, grabbed my fondant roller and magic, dobord. i can't believe i never thought of this before, it was great to roll out the dough the same thickness throughout. i popped it in the fridge and will be cutting in a few moments. granted it can only make 1 thickness of dough, but this is the tihckness i roll my cutouts...thought you all might want to try. i bought mine at KItchen collections, but i'm sure someone else sells a similar product, but it has to have the metal rim.

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 9:32pm
post #2 of 8

Cool good for you!

^^^And your rolling pin has to be bigger than the frame.

^^^ Sometimes I take the frame off my dobord and use it to torte.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 9:49pm
post #3 of 8

I do have one of those silicone cookie sheets & I never thought of that. What a good idea! Thanks for the 411!

HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 10:05pm
post #4 of 8

Can you post a picture of the ring? I don't know if I've seen one, or maybe I have and never put two and two together. Thanks! I always used the bands that you put on the ends of the rolling pin but I have gone through two sets and they keep breaking on me.

hammer1 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 10:14pm
post #5 of 8

not a ring for rolling pin, just a silicone cookie sheet that has a metal square frame as part of its construction....google kitchen collection and put in kitchen gourmet silicone cookie sheet and there is a picture of it...and yes your rolling pin has to be wider than the cookie sheet. my husband was on his way to cut me a piece of pvc pipe when i thought of my long fondant rolling pin...this made cut outs so fun and easy...i have until now hated cutouts...i think i may be getting adicted now....

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 10:39pm
post #6 of 8

If you clck on the pictures in the post of mine above you can get an idea of how to use the frame as a torter and a cookie board--those pictures start little pictorials.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 8:02pm
post #7 of 8

Hammer: You're a smart cookie! So basically, if you have a cookie sheet with a lip, you can roll out your cookies to that thickness evenly! Hummm, so what thickness do most of you cookiers roll out to? I just eyeball it, and have absolutely no clue the measurement that I roll out to.

hammer1 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 4:33am
post #8 of 8

i roll mine about 1/4 inch

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%