Kitchenaid Silicone Stacking Present Pan?

Decorating By shannon100 Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 3:32am by lasidus1

shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 7:05pm
post #1 of 11

Does anyone have the Kitchenaid Silicone Stacking Present pan? My mom just gave it to me. She got it at Tuesday Morning for about 70% off, but it doesn't have an instructions with it. I can't find anything online about it. Anyone have the directions for it? It's a really cool pan, and I can't wait to make something in it!

If you don't have instructions, do you know how to bake in silicone? Is it the same as a regular pan? Same time and temp?

Thanks!! I'm so excited about this pan set![/code]

10 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:09pm
post #2 of 11

I have it. I currently have it for sale on CraigsList. icon_smile.gif Instructions are on the bottom.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:16pm
post #3 of 11

How funny... I was just given this pan and thought, how strange it dind't come with instructions. I'll look at the bottom of the box.

Michelle, Since the presents are so small do they require supports between the bottom layer and top layer?

Just curious. Also the sides seem slightly slanted so I'm curious about all that.

Thanks

MichelleM77 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:19pm
post #4 of 11

Silly...I've never used it. I have this weird thing about silicone cake pans. I'm afraid to use them! I've had the set for a year and haven't used them (and hubby was laid off this winter), so I'm selling, selling, selling!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:35pm
post #5 of 11

lol... I've had it a year and never used it either!

MichelleM77 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:24am
post #6 of 11

It took me a while to find the instructions as well. icon_smile.gif

shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:39am
post #7 of 11

Thanks! I never would have looked at the bottom of the box. What a crazy place to put them! I just figured I didn't get them since it was a discount set. haha

spencersmom98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spencersmom98 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 1:02am
post #8 of 11

I bought that set a few years ago. Only used it once, because I was disapointed it wasn't a full size 3 tiered cake pan set in that box. lol That, plus it was my first time using fondant. Wiltons. Ewwwwww. It was so nasty, I threw the whole cake away, and never had the heart to use that pan again! lol

MichelleM77 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:23am
post #9 of 11

Oh my, don't hold the taste of Wilton's fondant against the cake pan. LOL! Try making Michele Foster's Fondant or buy some Satin Ice and give it another whirl. icon_smile.gif

spencersmom98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spencersmom98 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:27am
post #10 of 11

I was so green when I got that pan, I don't think I even rolled the fondant out thinner than an inch think! lol I usually make my own MMF now. Is Michelle Foster's MMF, also? I'll have to look for her recipe.

lasidus1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lasidus1 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:32am
post #11 of 11

yea i saw it at tuesday morning the other day for 6.99!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%