Communion Cake For Boy

Decorating By khstephenson Updated 16 Feb 2009 , 1:15pm by LittleLinda

khstephenson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khstephenson Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:29pm
post #1 of 9

I've looked in the gallery but I'd like to do a very boyish cake. Any ideas? I have months to plan this but I have been thinking about this since Xmas!

Thanks

8 replies
mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:47pm
post #2 of 9

I've done communion cakes for boys...while they are not "100% boyish" I think this is a nice design.
LL

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 9

If you go to my picasa website, under religious occassions I've done several first communion cakes for boys that you might like. One is stacked, the other just a round cake. HTH.

delisa01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delisa01 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 2:10pm
post #4 of 9
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 7:08pm
post #5 of 9

mgdqueen: What a beautiful cake! The host, chalice and rosary are perfect! Did you make them out of fondant/gumpaste?

Edit to add:

OP

I personally really like the look of the stained glass cakes (with the "glass" part done in colored piping gel). Maybe you could incorprate that into the cake using really bright colors (yellow, green, and blue are sort of the "classic" boy colors that come to my mind)?

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 1:12am
post #6 of 9

An open bible cake is really popular too. Not really feminine, perhaps just some scripture written on the top.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 4:00am
post #7 of 9

This one I made for a boy. I did not use enough layers of cardboard as base, so slight flexing caused the cracked-look and the flash did not go off (which is why it is not in my pics). But take my word for it - it was a very nice cake. The pic does not do it justice. The stained glass was piping gel and you can barely tell from this photo, but it is a chalice and host with other "stained glass" around it to look like a stained glass window.
LL

cor39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cor39 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:50pm
post #8 of 9

I made an open bible cake for my son's communion. You can have a stained glass window one page and a scripture on the other. Anything would work - a picture of a host and chalice, a cross, a scripture. They have plenty of wonderful pics in the gallery for communion cakes. Let them inspire you. Good luck.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 1:15pm
post #9 of 9

I have quite a few communion cakes in my photos. Basically all sheet cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%