Fondant Figures ...

Decorating By lottie26 Updated 28 Jan 2009 , 4:45pm by pkinkema

lottie26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lottie26 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 10:54am
post #1 of 3

Hiya all

Ok well i have just gotten my self a pitch at the local market..i am planning on selling homemade cakes (victoria sponge,fruit loaf,cupcakes etc etc ).I was also thinking about making little fondant figures and bagging them to sell ,what do u all think of this>?i mean for example i have made loadsa tiny little dice(they have turned out great !) and little lady birds/bumble bees etc just things like that.Im also hoping to do some sugar mice.i thought things like this would be good for presentaion too ?i plan on buy in some sweets from the wholesalers also
I m no where near good enough to be doing the decorating thing yet but eventually i will be(she hopes lol).I thought to myself surely this is a step in the right direction sooner rather than later?
I welcome any 'constructive criticisum(sp?)'and any suggestions etc are much appreciated !
thanks alot

2 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:29pm
post #2 of 3

You could set some out and see if anyone asks, but I would put them in boxes not bags. However, I don't really see people buying just fondant figures...but you never know.

pkinkema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pkinkema Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:45pm
post #3 of 3

Thought: Make fondant figures--whether critters or kiddos--in local school colors.

I'm in Texas, so you all know that anything in football and school colors would be something folks would buy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%