Dipping Cupcakes In Chocolate?

Decorating By motherofgrace Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 11:54am by katielb

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:22am
post #1 of 7

Hey there, im making creme filled cupcakes, and i want to cover them in chocolate, i was wondering what kind to use?

6 replies
katielb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katielb Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 9:43am
post #2 of 7

I would either use a chocolate ganache or a chocolate poured fondant icon_smile.gif

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 10:10am
post #3 of 7

I would put a swirl of buttercream on first...freeze them...then dip them in melted chocolate...this puts a real thin layer of chocolate on and when eating them it is like a chocolate dipped ice cream cone. They are yummy! I have a photo of some I made and piped a bear of buttercream on top of the cupcake...then dipped it in melted choc.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1228298

motherofgrace Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 2:51pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by katielb

I would either use a chocolate ganache or a chocolate poured fondant icon_smile.gif

What is chocolate ganache? lol im new can you tell haha. I cant use just melted chocolte chips?

and i love the bears!! thank you both

katielb Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 10:41pm
post #5 of 7

cake-diva, heres an explantion thanks to Wikipedia icon_razz.gif

Ganache is normally made by heating heavy cream, then pouring it over chopped, dark chocolate. The mixture is stirred or blended until smooth, and can be enhanced with liqueurs or extracts. Depending on the kind of chocolate used, cream should be adjusted to reach desired consistency.

Ganache can also be used in filled chocolates, chocolate truffles, and other desserts. The portions of chocolate to cream vary depending on the intended usage of the ganache. Typically, a ganache is equal parts chocolate and cream; this is used for filling cakes. For a chocolate truffle base, twice as much chocolate as cream is used. For making a glaze, one should use three times as much chocolate as cream. Ganache can also be allowed to cool and whipped to increased volume and then spread to cover a cake.

Also here is a link to a great blog which clearly explains how to pour ganache - whipped is another way you could ice the cupcakes, you simply make the ganache then chill it till firm then whip it! easy icon_biggrin.gif

http://daisylanecakes.blogspot.....el/ganache

HTH and good luck icon_smile.gif

motherofgrace Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:27am
post #6 of 7

thank you ill try that! so its just whipping cream and chocolate? sounds easy enough

katielb Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 11:54am
post #7 of 7

yep, thats all it is - some people put butter in it which helps with shine but if you use a good quality chocolate you get the same result icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%