Creme Bouquet

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 8 Feb 2009 , 7:49pm by ddaigle

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 11:21pm
post #1 of 15

I just bought my first bottle of creme bouquet flavoring to try...and MAN. I did not like it at all! haha. I thought it was too "lemony" (I love lemon, but only when its supposed to taste like lemon!) and I was not impressed with the flavor it gave my icing or my cake.

What's the hype? LOL....

Anybody in my area want a big bottle of it? Just bought it two weeks ago...haha.

14 replies
rockytop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockytop Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 11:26pm
post #2 of 15

I also purchased that flavoring and I did not like the taste. I wont use that flavoring unless it it asked for.

cvoges Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvoges Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 15

I bought a bottle about a year ago. I used it once, completely grossed out my family with it, and put the stuff back in the pantry. It was a complete waste of money. Yuck!

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 15

I always use creme bouquet in addition to vanilla. If a recipe calls for 2 tsp vanilla, I sub out one for creme bouquet. Always tasted fine. I actually use it to flavor my buttercream and my mmf. I get rave reveiws.

Rhonda

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 11:37pm
post #5 of 15

I tried it too and I am still undecided about it.

On it's own in buttercream it's just a really different flavour especially where I am from but it does taste chemically and reminds me of the flavour of kiddy antibiotics!

Mixed with some vanilla it seems to taste a little better but it hasn't blown my socks off the way all they hype was making me think it would.

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 11:53pm
post #6 of 15

i love it but i also add a bit more vanilla and butter flavoring to sugarshack's bc recipe.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:30am
post #7 of 15

I used it in a customer's cake and hopefully they liked it okay....

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 6:31pm
post #8 of 15

What brand did you use?

I felt the same way about Creme Bouquet until I tried Magic Line's...(the first one was by CK)...it's delicious, I love it.

CakeLadyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeLadyM Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 6:47pm
post #9 of 15

The same thing always comes up about CB. And there is a trick to using it----you must use only a small amount, and use it in addition to other flavorings. My customers rave about my frosting and order buckets of just frosting to put on their own cupcakes, etc.

You have to use MOSTLY vanilla flavoring---with butter as a secondary and CB as a light enhancer. Otherwise, the CB is too overpowering and strange on the palate.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 7:51pm
post #10 of 15

<~~~~~~ Not a Creme Bouquet fan.

cas17 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 10:36pm
post #11 of 15

i agree with cakeladym. for instance: in sugarshack's recipe for bc i use 1/2 cream or wedding bouquet and split the rest between vanilla and clear butter flavoring for her recomended amount of 4T of cb or wedding bouquet. this combo has has the best reviews from people.

lchris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchris Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 7:19pm
post #12 of 15

I just bought CB for the first time, and can't wait to try it.

So you suggest using half CB, and half butter flavoring for Sugarshacks BC?

cas17 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 7:31pm
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchris

I just bought CB for the first time, and can't wait to try it.

So you suggest using half CB, and half butter flavoring for Sugarshacks BC?

i personally use 3 Tbl of the cb and then 1 1/2 tsp each of vanilla and butter flavorings but you can try it and see what you like best.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 7:48pm
post #14 of 15

I like the creme bouquet flavoring but nobody else does so I use it sparingly! icon_confused.gif

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 7:49pm
post #15 of 15

My Wilton instructor had some yummy BC icing.....she said she uses 1 1/2 tsp of Cream Bouquet and 1/2 tsp of Valencia. Together, they make a yummy BC icing. She only uses those 2 becuase she said Valencia is a combo of cherry, almond & vanilla. I like the combo.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%