Kids Classes?

Decorating By Rexy Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 10:23pm by Juds2323

Rexy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rexy Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 4

I want to do a day camp with my daughter and her friends. Has anyone done something like this with 8yr olds and what would you do?
Thanks!

3 replies
beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 4

I've never done it but I think it would be a LOT of work and a LOT of mess and a LOT of fun. icon_biggrin.gif
Maybe do cupcake decorating? Or cookie decorating.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 4

Cupcakes would be a good one. They are little, easy to ice and you can decorate alot of things.

With that age, stick to the basics and medium or thin icing. I would do dots, stars, swirls. Maybe the figure piping faces and clowns. I wouldn't spent alot of time teaching them other than showing them a few basics. They aren't gonna want to sit still that long and will have fun just playing with the icing alone.

Make sure you don't fill the bags very full. I would go about 1/4 of the bag full. You also want to want to use some sort of bag ties on them. Either Wilton's version or rubber bands.

I would also limit colors for kids. Give all of them the same three or 4 colors to use. I would also give them each their own bags. Kids that age are going to do alot of finger and tool licking.

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 10:23pm
post #4 of 4

I don't know if you have one but for my son's class they deco'ed cookies and I sealed the end with my vacuum sealer. Worked great. minimal mess.

Judi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%