Making Cake For Lincoln's 200Th B-Day, Need Ideas

Decorating By squarepair Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 8:25pm by kakeladi

squarepair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
squarepair Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 5

I have been asked to donate a cake to celebrate Lincoln's birthday celebration at the Lincoln Memorial. The cake has to be a "log cabin themed cake", it only has to feed 10. Supposedly "other prominent bakeries" (which I most definitely am NOT!!!!) have been asked to participate as well. I think there will be 15 cakes total. I am a little nervous to say the least but didn't want to pass up the opportunity. The problem lies in that my weakness is coming up with creative ideas. I can copy things but I want to have a neat idea for this really special occasion. So, of course, I thought of asking you brilliant ladies and men. So please, any ideas you can think of please share!!!!

Kristin

4 replies
FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 5

I can't wait to see the ideas others come up with, we have some amazingly creative people on this site. Sorry to say, I'm not all that creative icon_smile.gif. I'll share my idea with you away... a cake to look like Lincoln's Log Cabin in the winter, maybe with a partially snow covered bench in the front with his hat resting on it.

fidos_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fidos_mom Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 5

I was thinking a tall top hat with a theatre program underneath along with a rose. But then again I have strange humor.

Remember to tell us what you decide.

squarepair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
squarepair Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 6:49pm
post #4 of 5

Oh, great ideas, keep them coming. I just thought of a possible idea for the larger them, have a log cabin, then a path going over to a white house. Then a little plaque, saying something like "From a log house to the white house... America, where anything is possible. Happy 200th Birthday Abraham Lincoln." I love all the little ideas for details though, that is definitely where I lack imagination!!

Kristin

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 8:25pm
post #5 of 5

As I read your post a pic instantly came into my mind. It's from a *very OLD* Wilton yrbook.........like back in the '70s.
It's a sheet cake w/a log cabin on it . Not exactly sure what else. Sorry I can't help any more than that. I don't have the book any more either.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%