Can I Add Flavor To Wilton Fondant???

Decorating By beenzee Updated 30 Jan 2009 , 2:34am by trumpetmidget

beenzee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beenzee Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 7

I have a short notice cake and I am out of Satin Ice. I love how the Wilton handles, but of course the taste is not great.
Has anyone tried adding flavor to it. Perhaps some lemon extract, or almond??

6 replies
sweetkisscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetkisscakes Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 3:50pm
post #2 of 7

I would like to know this as well, I purchased 10lbs of wilton fondant before I discovered MMF. And I want to get rid of it but nobody likes the taste.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 8:56pm
post #3 of 7

I do it all the time. Just knead in maybe 1-2 Tablespoons to 1/2 a pkg. Any flavoring, any combination. Usually I used butter emulsion because that's what I had.

jocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jocakes Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 7

I've used the wilton candy flavorings to make it taste better...still not a patch on satin ice though!

cjcoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjcoco Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 12:28am
post #5 of 7

I'm new to decorating and am wanting to make a fondant cake for a St. Judes benefit. I was told you can add extract to the fondant. My question is how far in advance can you decorate with the fondant before it starts to ahrden?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 1:49am
post #6 of 7

Sure you can add flavorings to Wilton fondant.

Unfortunately is will still taste like crap.

Fondant starts to harden fairly quickly. Well, on the outside at least. That's sort of the point.

trumpetmidget Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trumpetmidget Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 2:34am
post #7 of 7

I've added almond and vanilla and butter extracts. Unfortunately a terd still tastes like a terd even when it is a vanilla terd. It's kind of like spraying scent after using the bathroom...ahhh....yes, I smell the roses....and the poop....rosey poop....mmmmmm....that's my favorite candle scent.....riiiiiiiight! icon_smile.gif Time crunch, I would still make my own (which I do all the time. It doesn't take that long). Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%