Teeny Tiny Flowers On Wedding Cake Cookies

Baking By HeidiCrumbs Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 1:12pm by TracyLH

HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 4:39am
post #1 of 10

I have noticed that on many wedding cake cookies people add these little five petal flowers. They don't look like piped icing flowers so I'm wondering if they're fondant flowers? I have searched for a fondant cutter in that small shape and couldn't find anything. They also don't look like larger sugar sprinkle type flowers. I hope I described them well enough as I don't know how to post pictures or link to a picture yet. Thanks so much!

9 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 5:02am
post #2 of 10

They are usually made from fondant or gumpaste.

You can use the tiny green flower cutters from the beginner Wilton gumpaste flower kit that most decorating stores sell. There's a few sizes in there.

Even better though, get the plunger-type cutters. They are so much easier to use and you can make 50+ flowers in a minute!
LL

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 5:04am
post #3 of 10

Hello HeidiCrumbs! Welcome to CC! icon_biggrin.gif

I have "sprinkles" like that, but would hate to put them on a cookie "by hand" - it would take forever! LOL! icon_lol.gif Antonia74 said it best!! icon_smile.gif

Here is some helpful links for newcomers. Also, There is a "Lounge" for members if you wish to participate there. Lounge is for OT and non-cake related stuff.

icon_biggrin.gif
Acronyms:
Ahttp://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-2926-0-days0-orderasc-.htmlcronyms:

Newbies --such as yourself---for posting on cake pix:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-423993-0-days0-orderasc-.html

Dancing mice--I owe that to Frankyola icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

HeidiCrumbs Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:15pm
post #4 of 10

That plunger looks perfect! However, do you know what the smallest size is? I would like something the size of my pinkie fingernail if you can picture that, and I have pretty small nails, lol! I think it would be a pain, but I just don't think that the sugar sprinkle type flowers have as clean of lines on the overall shape, unless I am not going to the right place for my sprinkles. Thanks again!

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:22pm
post #5 of 10

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=19079

This is my favorite little flower mold for cookies.

Reasonably priced too.

B3andD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
B3andD Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 3:50pm
post #6 of 10

Thank you Heidi for posting the question and to Antonia for the answer, I have been wondering this myself for a while icon_smile.gif.
I love CC icon_smile.gif, everyone here is so nice and helpful!
B3andD

HeidiCrumbs Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 7:18pm
post #7 of 10

That last link looks perfect! Thank you to all who posted!

B3andD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
B3andD Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 9:49pm
post #8 of 10

Antonia, can I ask where you purchased your little flower plunger/cutters? I wouldn't even know where to start looking icon_smile.gif.
Thank you!

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:16am
post #9 of 10

I got mine from either McCalls Baker's Warehouse or Golda's Kitchen, both near Toronto.....I think? icon_confused.gif

www.goldaskitchen.com

Here's the link to a basic Wilton set...

http://www.goldaskitchen.com/merchant.ihtml?id=49&pid=2059&step=4

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 1:12pm
post #10 of 10

This is a great idea! I haven't worked with gumpaste or fondant before, but really like this idea. Antonia - Which do you recommend for these little flowers? I need it to be study enough to go on packaged cookies. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%