One Cake, Many Questions...

Decorating By SweetOccasionCakes Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 2:11am by SweetOccasionCakes

SweetOccasionCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetOccasionCakes Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 3

Ok, I'm doing a wilton cake from the 2008 yearbook, 'Pleated Pathways'. I'm really excited about this cake! I have a few questions...

- I'm doing b/c instead of fondant but still doing the fondant swag. When is the earliest I could attach the swags? Well I guess I should ask, would the night before be ok, I don't want to do it any earlier than that. I'm afraid of not placing it JUST right the first time and messing up my bc but I guess I'm just going to have to be VERY careful!

- Tinting the flowers and fondant covered board an iris color instead of pink, any suggestions?

- Anyone ever made this one and have suggestions?

-Ok for me to make and cover in large box and keep out (not refrigerated) until the next day (delivery day)

Thanks in advance for ANY help!

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 12:35am
post #2 of 3

I don't have that yrbk to look up the cake in ?.
Yes, you should be able to attach the swags the night before w/o a problem.
An Iris color is purple. Know that it has a tendency to fade to a blue/gray icon_sad.gif
I would say yes - you should have no problem making it the day before and keep it boxed at room temp. as long as the filling doesn't need refrigeration.

SweetOccasionCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetOccasionCakes Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:11am
post #3 of 3

Thanks! I tried my best at the iris color tonight (flowers on cake are not irises, only using that flower in the arrangements and that color as an accent at the party). I feel like it's not quite bright enough but I think it will work. Thanks for the info on the other parts of my question!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%