How Did You Find The Cc Site?

Decorating By hammer1 Updated 30 Jan 2009 , 9:44pm by Larrimore

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:47am
post #61 of 88

icon_smile.gif * I want to be like Indydebi (and many, many of you talented decorators!!!) *
icon_biggrin.gif

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:50am
post #62 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJean

I was looking for pictures of sexy guys...and was led to this site. icon_biggrin.gif

I found out it was a bunch of cake decorators who sometimes got out of control. only joking.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gifImage

Sure beats cleaning kitchen & toilets! icon_biggrin.gif This is a great place to be on...sometimes...oh...get a little carried away. icon_redface.gif That's what the MODS are for, keep us all in line. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:55am
post #63 of 88

I was looking at some other cake site (can't even remember where), saw a reference to CC and found it. And I've never looked back. Without exaggeration, this site has changed my life. I've learned an incredible amount about baking, decorating, and the cake business. It's led me to something I truly love, and will probably result in a career change for me.

I really love this site!

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:57am
post #64 of 88

yeah, i haven't even looked for that other thread today.....i been watching this one and the what is your real job one....

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:58am
post #65 of 88

I was making my DH a golf ball cake and did a search for "fondant golf ball cakes" on Google and somehow found a pic that was posted in CC's photo gallery. When I tried to view the pic from the Google link, I kept getting the sign on page for CC and so I registered and here I am. Was thoroughly addicted immediately and after seeing all the lovely, beautifully crafted and amazingly artistic cakes, have now discovered an unknown desire to decorate cakes!!!

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:03am
post #66 of 88

I was totally hooked on the Wilton forum until I came across CC....more varied and addictive for sure!

MJ2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJ2008 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:05am
post #67 of 88

I post on another message board that debates current events and other stuff. Someone brought up the fact that Charm City Cakes won't even take an order if it's under a thousand dollars so I went to check out there website and found the link to this website. I tried for almost two weeks to finally check it out but it would never come up. It worked one day while I was at work and I've been hooked ever since.

frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:26am
post #68 of 88

I was looking for a fathers day cake a couple years ago and stumbled across this web site by accident, and been loyal member every since..what an amazing asset CC has been to me!!!

I love reading threw the forums and spending hours looking threw all the wonderful pictures!

Finding this place was like striking gold!

I appreciate all of you CCers, you all are what makes this place so great!

poppyseed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poppyseed Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:32am
post #69 of 88

Did we all have the same Wilton class? Thanks to all our instructors, we are here it seems.

Santa_Kitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Santa_Kitchen Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:41am
post #70 of 88

I found it by accident too, google.....

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:59am
post #71 of 88

Someone (I don't remember who icon_sad.gif ) from CC emailed me that she and a few others here were having a discussion about how a cake on my website was done. I asked her about CC, asked if it was private, and she told me everyone is welcome. So I came to check it out and I never left. I had been doing cakes for almost 20 years, searching the net for cake inspiration fairly often, and was completely amazed I had never discovered CC before then.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 12:45pm
post #72 of 88

I never really understood people who would spend hours in front of a computer, chatting on-line with total strangers. That was BCC (before CakeCentral). And here's a line from an old movie (Halleluyah Trail...sorry about the spelling), "NOW I see it!"

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 12:54pm
post #73 of 88

Same here. Took the Wilton classes for fun and something different. Fell in love! Google for 'cake decorating', and I couldn't believe what a wonderful site I found....CC!!!!

KathyHT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyHT Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 12:55pm
post #74 of 88

I found CC through Duff's Charm City Cakes website.

hammer1 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:10pm
post #75 of 88

another snow day, so i get to read more threads....yeah

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:34pm
post #76 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer1

another snow day, so i get to read more threads....yeah

I emailed my sample appt bride and canceled her for today. I have over 12" of snow in my driveway. I am going NOWHERE today!

Here's a pic of the single path I shoveled before this fat old lady got winded and had to take a break!!
LL

spencersmom98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spencersmom98 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:55pm
post #77 of 88

A friend told me a local cake shop gave basic cake decorting lessons . That lady told me to take the Wilton cake decorating lessons at Michaels if I wanted to learn more stuff, the Wilton Instructor told me she tought at the college, but that the Wilton courses are actually more indepth, but that if I wanted to learn more, I could go to wilton.com, and from there I found out about CC. Whew!

Neicey76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Neicey76 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:02pm
post #78 of 88

Happy Snow Day everyone! icon_lol.gif I think I found CC doing a websearch for cake pictures to get inspiration. Like many others I wish I found the site sooner but thankful none the less that I finally did and passed it on to others in the Wilton class I was in at the time. icon_biggrin.gif Now I don't do a cake without coming on here and getting inspiration. One thing I tell people is don't ask me to make a cake you see here, cause I will never duplicate, just use as inspiration. thumbs_up.gif

Anntee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anntee Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:03pm
post #79 of 88

icon_wink.gif NOT FAIR! We never get snow days in FL!!

OT: Does Charm City Cakes really have a $1,000 minimum? Holy cow. Bet their best customers are in the DC area? Great stimulus, eh?
What say you? icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

spencersmom98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spencersmom98 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:13pm
post #80 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anntee

OT: Does Charm City Cakes really have a $1,000 minimum? Holy cow. Bet their best customers are in the DC area? Great stimulus, eh?

That's my dream right there! $1000 minimum order! Have you seen CakeWrecks today? They have a sheet cake on there someone paid $150 for!

indydebi Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:30pm
post #81 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anntee

Yeah, they do. And I'll guarantee you that the cakes you see on tv are no where NEAR their $1000 minimum price! Motivating, isn't it?! thumbs_up.gif

mabryant0212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mabryant0212 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 6:48pm
post #82 of 88

I have seen cakes on here that would make Charm City cakes cry icon_cry.gif ... I think they should put some of you guys on T.V.!!! I have learned more here than school and classes...

SugarMoonCakeCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMoonCakeCo Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 7:39pm
post #83 of 88

i actually found CC through CCC's web site... Duff does have a lot going for him - can't say I wouldn't want his success! And I think it's great that he has a link to Cake Central - goes to show the professionals agree that CC is a GREAT place!!

StaceyCakes75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StaceyCakes75 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 7:41pm
post #84 of 88

I have seen many awesome cakes on ace of cakes (Charm city cakes) and yes Indyedebi you are probably right those cakes you see on T.V are well over the $1,000 min. but to be honest I have seen some of the cakes they have made and as awesome as they are can't believe they are $1,000 or more. Guess you are paying for the name. Some of the cakes I have seen here on CC would blow them out of the water. There is amazing tallent here. I say CC challenge VS Charm city cakes. Someone contact food network...LOL

indydebi Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 7:58pm
post #85 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavaglieri

There is amazing tallent here. I say CC challenge VS Charm city cakes. Someone contact food network...LOL

Oh yeah baby! Jackie! Heath!! I see a great marketing opportunity for ya!!

hammer1 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 4:07pm
post #86 of 88

another snow day...so i can read threads again...kick this one back up the list,it almost left the front page

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 5:23am
post #87 of 88

Debi,
Love your snow picture. We had that much snow in Idaho before Christmas. I nearly stroked out trying to comply with the stupid "you have to shovel the sidewalk in front of your house" ordinance. Shoot, our mailman drives up to the mailbox, and NO ONE was walking in the neighborhood. I decided a ticket was lower risk than the ER!!

P.S. I don't know if they ever actually ticket anyone, but they like to threaten. I'd be tempted to thump them with my snow shovel if they tried it!

Larrimore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Larrimore Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 9:44pm
post #88 of 88

I found it off the wilton website

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%