I'm Soooo Glad I Trusted You Guys!!

Decorating By divastyle Updated 26 Jan 2009 , 11:20pm by Cakepro

divastyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divastyle Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:09pm
post #1 of 17

Okay, I'm most definately a lurker (confession #!) and I just tried the WASC last night!!!! And WOW, I should have done this from the beginning. It actually tasted homemade and was very moist. I made the chocolate vesion and topped it with white chocolate ganache. I bought the cupcakes to work this morning, and hopefully I will get some great feedback.
Needless to say, I'm so glad I tried the recipe!! Now, I need to think of some variations and start playing.

16 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:17pm
post #2 of 17

Oh OH !! You are HOOKED now....... icon_surprised.gif LOL! Welcome to CC...... You are going t love it here, and you will learn SOOO much !

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:21pm
post #3 of 17

I tried WASC a couple weeks ago and its the only cake I've been making! I just tried the chocolate version a couple days ago and WOW was it good!!

Welcome to CC! icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:21pm
post #4 of 17

This puts a *big* smile on my faceicon_smile.gif
I'm so glad to have contributed such a wonderful recipe for everyone to enjoyicon_smile.gif

sarahokie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahokie Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 17

I just love this recipe. I made it for my b-day cake last weekend and it was wonderful. This was the first time I tried sifting everything and I really noticed a difference. I mixed according to JanH's instructions. My SIL, who never never ever gives compliments (unless they're backhanded) said it was the best cake she'd ever eaten! I'll definately be using it next week on her baby shower cake!

tarheelgirl Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:35pm
post #6 of 17

Thanks so much kakeladi icon_biggrin.gif

I am trying the WASC red velvet version. I have a tasting and the bride would like red velvet. Any suggestions on that one?

volleyball47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
volleyball47 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:38pm
post #7 of 17

i have been wanting to try a WASC cake but i am hesitant about the almond extract in it? what does almond extract even taste like?

tarheelgirl Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:41pm
post #8 of 17

I love the almond flavor to it. It is hard to describe really.. you can substitute the almond extract with just vanilla. My favorite is the white almond with a raspberry filling!!! YUMMY!

ColeAlayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ColeAlayne Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:59pm
post #9 of 17

I love the WASC recipe and the strawberry version is my favorite. I was thinking of trying a yellow cake with cherry pie filling. Do you think this would work? Should I cut out the sugar because of the syrup in the pie filling?

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:04pm
post #10 of 17

This past weekend I made the lemon version, and I filled it with a
pomegranate filling and imbc! Yum is all I can say.

Dana8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dana8 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:09pm
post #11 of 17

Can anyone give me the link to the chocolate version, I would love to try it for my daughters Birthday, Thanks Ladies.

Dana8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dana8 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:12pm
post #12 of 17

OMG, I just saw that someone tried the red velvet version, What other versions are there and where are the links, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

kbak37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbak37 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:19pm
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana8

OMG, I just saw that someone tried the red velvet version, What other versions are there and where are the links, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

In the search bar type in doctored cake mixes, and I believe the first one under the forums section is a thread that macsmom has posted several variation including an organge dreamsicle one. I can't wait to try them!

posoutlook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
posoutlook Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 8:00pm
post #14 of 17

I agree the taste is wonderful! I have only tried the recipe twice and found that each time the baked cake had holes inside. Am I doing something wrong? I would like to try some of the variations, but I have hesitated because I'm afraid these holes may make my stacked cakes fall icon_eek.gif

tarheelgirl Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 8:41pm
post #15 of 17

I sift all of my dry ingredients and mix together then slowly add the wet. I usually don't have problems with any type of holes.

posoutlook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
posoutlook Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 10:26pm
post #16 of 17

Thanks Tarheelgirl, I'' try that.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 11:20pm
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

This puts a *big* smile on my faceicon_smile.gif
I'm so glad to have contributed such a wonderful recipe for everyone to enjoyicon_smile.gif

LOL - you should just put that in big bold letters in a signature line so it shows up every time you post!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%