Comment About Sugarshack Video........

Decorating By Justbeck101 Updated 30 Jan 2009 , 8:00pm by Dinny2222

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 5:55am
post #1 of 37

I received my videos and watched them right away. Yesterday I made a cake and watched the video at the same time using it as a tutorial.
The first cake posted here is BEFORE to Sugarshack
The second one is AFTER Sugarshack

If you are having any problems getting your sides smooth or with bulging, you should get her DVD's. I am so glad that I did!

I know I still have some to work on, but I think this is GREAT improvement in one cake!!!!
LL
LL

36 replies
banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 10:14am
post #2 of 37

Wow that's an amazing improvement!

I really need some help with my edges and have been considering getting the dvds but I hate spending money on them if there is nothing new in them?

Your before and after pictures do prove that there must be some good tips in the dvds, so I might just order them.

Now I have to get a multiregion dvd player to watch them which is a pain!
Pity I can't download them!

Both your cakes are lovely but the after cake does show a good improvement icon_smile.gif

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 11:06am
post #3 of 37

Wow, gorgeous cakes! That Sharon is an amazing instructor, her videos have taught me so much, worth every penny. Your flowers and everything are beautiful. Nice work

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 11:26am
post #4 of 37

Sharon's videos are awesome. I don't think I have her patience to get things so smooth and straight but she is a great instructor and shows you everything from start to finish. Not like the usual here's how I do a tiny section now lets skip to the finished product. With her you see everything which I found very helpful.

kkitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkitchen Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:07pm
post #5 of 37

Remarkable improvement

Justbeck101 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:13pm
post #6 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by banba

Wow that's an amazing improvement!

I really need some help with my edges and have been considering getting the dvds but I hate spending money on them if there is nothing new in them?

Your before and after pictures do prove that there must be some good tips in the dvds, so I might just order them.

Now I have to get a multiregion dvd player to watch them which is a pain!
Pity I can't download them!

Both your cakes are lovely but the after cake does show a good improvement icon_smile.gif

U can play them on your pc if you have a dvd player on it

KieslerKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KieslerKakes Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:20pm
post #7 of 37

Great before and after pictures. Which DVD's did you purchase? I know there are several.

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:24pm
post #8 of 37

It's unbelievable what that video can do for your cakes!

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:41pm
post #9 of 37

Best investment EVERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

I thought I did a pretty good job on smoothing, but after using her technique, WOW....I amazed myself...

DeniseFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseFL Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:43pm
post #10 of 37

I will sure get her dvd ...

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:45pm
post #11 of 37

Wow! Great improvement...I want all of Sharon's DVD'S!!!

slopokesgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slopokesgirl Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 1:03pm
post #12 of 37

Does someone have the link to her website. I would like to check it out.

Thanks

NuttyNanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NuttyNanny Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 1:12pm
post #13 of 37

I have 2 of her DVD's...."Perfecting the Art of Buttercream" and "Successful Stacking". I love both of them! I'm a visual kind of person...so these were great for me. It has been well worth the money and I'm planning on buying her other ones soon.

slopokesgirl....the website is www.sugaredproductions.com

Justbeck101...I love both your cakes but the second one is stunning...great job!!!

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 6:44pm
post #14 of 37

I'm waiting for mine to arrive anyday icon_biggrin.gif I haven't seen any buzz here yet about the new DVD that Sharon is releasing - Boxes and Bows. I think that'll be one for the library too!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 6:53pm
post #15 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by banba

There are techniques that are described in here all of the time, and there are a couple that I have never ever heard of discussed in here or anywhere else. To me they were "aha!" steps. Very very valuable information....and watching it done on the TV, immensely helpful. I recommend the DVD for sure! I haven't made a cake yet employing those techniques, but after seeing them....I know they are going to be the final steps I take to perfect BC. icon_smile.gif

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 6:57pm
post #16 of 37

Ditto to all of the above! Sharon rocks! All of my techniques have greatly improved since I purchased her DVD's. I was in her 2 day class where we did a fondant gift box cake - So much fun! She's a great teacher and very nice and funny, too!

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:11pm
post #17 of 37

I'm with everyone else. I can't say enough great things about Sharon's DVDs. Watching them was like sitting in a pitch black room and someone switched on a flood light!

Sharon is the bombdiggity! icon_biggrin.gif

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:11pm
post #18 of 37

wow, great job justbeck! i so love all her dvd's!! just pre-ordered her new one today. along with her dvd's and all the great help here on cc my skills have mucho improved as well.

calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:12pm
post #19 of 37

Your cakes look great !! Who would have know "dam" was a good word !!!

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:12pm
post #20 of 37

I just went to SugarShack's website (go Tigers) to look at the DVDs and I have a question. I am new at decorating and "caketarded" (stole that from another CCer) on many things, but how in the heck to you use an impression mat (diamond pattern) on a buttercream round cake? I love that look and did my first by eyeball. I thought I could figure out how to use it on fondant, but now I'm wondering about that too since the cakes I've seen don't have the impressions on the top...only the sides. Can someone explain plzzzzzz? Thanks. Deb

malishka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malishka Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:22pm
post #21 of 37

I have all 3 of sharon's dvd's and they are fantastic!!! i just ordered her Boxes and Bows dvd and can't wait to get it. She is a very good teacher. She explains everything in detail. The dvd's are very well worth every penny because this valuable information will last you a lifetime.
Sharon if you are reading this, thak you soooooooooooooooooo much for giving us your cake secrets.
I am your bigest fan icon_smile.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:24pm
post #22 of 37

I love Sharon she is a sweetheart her dvd,s are the best!! Her new Boxes and Bows is available to preorder right now ! Yep I ordered mine !!!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:28pm
post #23 of 37

Just wanted to Chime in my own thanks to Sugarshack. I bought the Buttercream and stacking DVDs. Watched once and several months later wasn't paying attention and had all sorts of problems. Rewatched the video yestarday and came out with my first truly stable, no bulge really smooth cake ...not quite Sharon smooth but a huge improvement for me.

I can't wait to order Boxes and Bows...and the Design Gallery. At first I thought...I don't need Design Gallery because I can look through cake central and get ideas but trust me if ya'll are thinking the same thing I'm pretty sure we are all wrong. I watched the snippit of Design Gallery on her website and I already learned 3 new things just from the little snipit. I can't wait to see the whole thing.

Ok, It's official I'm a SugarShack groupie!!!! Oh and Sharon I am awaiting the Whimsical Cakes DVD with bated breadth....I just can't wait much longer....or I might pass out.

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with all of us.

Cristy...

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:30pm
post #24 of 37

Imprinting must be done on a cake wih crusting BC first off. It's really not hard at all, just have to watch the pressure you use, and not shift the mat at all. It looks daunting, but once you get the hang of it...easy!

Justbeck101 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 12:14am
post #25 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by KieslerKakes

Great before and after pictures. Which DVD's did you purchase? I know there are several.

I purchased all three. The Fondant, Butter cream and stacking

KieslerKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KieslerKakes Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 12:05pm
post #26 of 37

I ordered the Buttercream yesterday and can't wait to have it delivered.

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 12:41pm
post #27 of 37

ddaigle: the impression mat is so simple to use. I've used it like twice and the first time was on a wedding cake with no practice before. It was extremely easy.
But, srart with the back of your cake, because once you go around most likely it will not match up perfectly in the back..just a tip...
You need to dust it with powdersugar or cornstartch so it don't stick. And you should make sure your bc has crusted first..

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:33pm
post #28 of 37

That's awesome! That video really made a difference!!

beenzee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beenzee Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 3:42pm
post #29 of 37

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!

malishka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malishka Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 4:21pm
post #30 of 37

does anyone know where I can get the huge mat that sharon rolls out the fondant on?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%