Cookie Timeline

Baking By deena1987 Updated 26 Jan 2009 , 2:42am by cookieman

deena1987 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deena1987 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 1:03am
post #1 of 6

Ok I've never done cookies before but I am trying a batch. I baked them yesterday, iced them today with Antoina's icing. My quesiton is how long does it take for the icing to fully dry and do you leave the cookies out for them to air dry or do you put them in a sealed container. I have searched for a hour but cannot find the answer. Give me your timeline. Thanks in advance.

5 replies
cookieman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieman Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 1:29am
post #2 of 6

I use a typical Royal Icing (I've not used Antonia's) and leave them to dry hard at least a day. I have a baker's rack with a plastic zippered cover that I store them in while drying.

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 1:47am
post #3 of 6

Hi

Do you have a picture of the baker's rack and cover that you use. That sounds really neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieman

I use a typical Royal Icing (I've not used Antonia's) and leave them to dry hard at least a day. I have a baker's rack with a plastic zippered cover that I store them in while drying.

Tlloyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tlloyd Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 2:03am
post #4 of 6

I also just started baking cookies this fall. I leave them out to dry over nite. I would also like to know where the cooling racks w/covers were purchased. I sometimes use waxpaper and really don't like doing that because it can sometimes stick to the cookies.

becca0926 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becca0926 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 2:24am
post #5 of 6

For Christmas I had a order for 200 Christmas themed cookies... It was 10 of that, 20 of that, 15 of that.. A total of 200.. I delivered them in 3 batches.. One of 55, one of 50, one of 95.. I delivered them in color matches.. If that makes sense.. All the stockings , hats, Santa s ( all that were red and white).. Then I did Trees, Gingerbread houses, Elf items ( things Green and brown).. I didn't waste much color... I do cookies for a local store.. It may not be much money, but it gets the word out.. She even called me a week before Christmas, asking if I had anymore cookies she could purchase... People were wanting them for stocking stuffers... I had to turn her away, because I was getting ready for my own Christmas.,. I only charge her a 1.00 a cookie.. ( I know many of you are screaming at me )... She orders cookies from me for EVERY holiday.. I am not trying to get rich.... I just want everyone to know my work... I will go up in price when the time is right...

cookieman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieman Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 2:42am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeebabe

Hi

Do you have a picture of the baker's rack and cover that you use. That sounds really neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieman

This is not the exact one I have , but it gives you an idea.
http://www.deliequipmentworld.com/index-panracks.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%