Car Cake-Acura Tl 4Dr?

Decorating By sisspence Updated 25 Jan 2009 , 2:16am by mom2rascals

sisspence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisspence Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:47am
post #1 of 3

I have to make one of these for next week, 3-d. Does anyone have a template or have any idea how to make one. I have the wilton 3-d cruiser cake pan, but I don't know if I wll be able to convert that into a acura. Thanks

2 replies
mom2rascals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2rascals Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:13am
post #2 of 3

In my opinion, you'd EITHER have to:

1. Use the Cruiser pan, carve down the rooftop and both the front & rear windows to make the car look more sleek and streamlined. (both the hood and the trunk of the Acura TL are much longer than your 3D Cruiser pan - carving would help with this effect)

OR

2. Carve your Acura TL from sheet cakes. I have seen plenty of tutorials of carved "Lightning Mcqueen" cakes out there that look very impressive!! You might want to check that out. The Lightning McQeen cake might be closer to the shape that you are looking for.

The 3D Cruiser pan is more like the "punch buggy" to me. There might be an awful lot of carving to get the effect of the Acura 4D. Keep in mind how much cake your going to need (number of servings needed). The more carving you do, the smaller your cake will be. HTH

mom2rascals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2rascals Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:16am
post #3 of 3

I found a link that JanH posted back in September . . .

Here's boonenati's Lightning McQueen cake tutorial:

http://www.how2cakes.com/3dcar.html

It's really kinda cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%