Please Help! Need A Great Chocolate Cake Recipe!!!

Decorating By hailinguk Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 7:12am by ceshell

hailinguk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hailinguk Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 9:17pm
post #1 of 6

Hi Everyone,

I'm making a cake for my sisters boss tomorrow for Monday and she wants a chocolate cake.

I was given a recipe for a high density chocolate cake and love how easy it is to make and how high it bakes but I've just tried it and it's not that great in flavour...

Does anyone have a fool proof chocolate cake recipe but one that is really chocolaty and intense but bakes quite high around 3" - 4"? (I've tried some other yummy chocolate cake recipes but they only bake 1-2" high.)

Thanks so much icon_smile.gif

5 replies
yvette131 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvette131 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 6

elisa strauss has a really good one that is rich because she puts cofee in it. I just made one by Hershey and its really good and chocolatly. as far as rising higher , maybe you can just increase the receipe but they make just 2 ,9" pans

hailinguk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hailinguk Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 6

Hi Yvette,

Thanks for your reply. I really like the recipe I tried - it was perfect in every way apart from it just wasn't chocolaty enough...

I was wondering if I could just add melted chocolate to it? Do you think that would work?

Thanks!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 6

Sure - go ahead w/adding melted choco.

yvette131 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvette131 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 9:45pm
post #5 of 6

yup- that would work. I added choco pudding to mine and semi-sweet choco chips. So good! icon_biggrin.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 7:12am
post #6 of 6

Well you've already made it by now! But in case you weren't 100% satisfied with whatever you made, this thread has some great suggestions. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-614849.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%