Anyone Uk Based Hire Or Rent A School Or Church Kitchen

Business By mmljztaa7 Updated 24 Jan 2009 , 10:34pm by minicuppie

mmljztaa7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmljztaa7 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 8:25pm
post #1 of 2

I have looked into cake decorating as a small business however i am unable to do from home at this present time, my kitchen is small and although i have a room next to my kitchen i could use at the moment it is bare floors and walls and would need a lot of money to do out so that due to finances is out of the question however i intend to do from home once i can find the money to do the kitchen extension which would probably be in a few years.
I would still however like to make a start and build upa business slowly and would like to do it ligit even if it meant 1 cake a month to begin with but this would mean hiring somewhere like a church kitchen or school kitchen.
so my question is , is there anyone who is uk based who started up a business using a hired kitchen like a church or school, do i find somewhere to hire and then tell environmental health tax office etc.
please can anyone advise, i found plenty of info on how to do it from home startup and enviromental advice on a kitchen from home but no info on how to start up a small cake business by hiring a kitchen and if you can start up this way.
mel

1 reply
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 10:34pm
post #2 of 2

I am not in the UK, however I know someone here that rents from a donut shop. They always close by 11 am and leave the place immaculate. She has free run of the place until they return at 1 am. Of course she has her own walk ins and ovens, cleaning stuff...not the best of hours but baby steps...right?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%