Officially Embarassed

Lounge By ktbug103 Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 11:49pm by Heath

cakelurker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:09am
post #181 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by julzs71

Here is the thing that got me. Have you ever heard of the health department calling immediately after you called? Not unless someone has been infected with some type of disease.

She would have had to eat the cake instead of throwing it away for that to have happened.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:10am
post #182 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiney

Ya know, I think we have been had. First CL only knew baker wasn't watching because she logged off of yahoo, then she knows she's at a party that CL didn't want to go to. Have I read the posts wrong? It's all too crop-circley

I'm starting to think the same thing!

Anyone notice the boys are awfully quiet tonight? Doug, Mike, where are you?????????????????

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:11am
post #183 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellBell22

I think the OP should pay me for the cookies I just burnt for being hooked on this thread! lol Even if it is a hoax it's more entertaining than watching DH playing on his computer right now.

Too funny icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:12am
post #184 of 2203

O.K. I am the person....Not.. but one last thing before I leave...I just thought of this and had to get on really fast.
To the hoaxter. Never and I mean never ever doing anything where you have to cover your tracks. Have you ever seen those murder t.v. shows where the murder says something no one but the murderer knows? That's you.
I've got to get the lasagna out of the oven.
Another reason this totally can't be me...wait, maybe it could. When I was younger I got in a car accident and had a brain injury...memory loss. I could not for the life of me remember all the damn names and passwords. Every single account I have has julzs71.

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:12am
post #185 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakristin

LOL

I know that when I am working on a cake my kitchen looks like a powdered sugarnado when through. icon_biggrin.gif No matter how hard I try to keep the powdered sugar under control, it has a mind of it's own. icon_confused.gif

LMAO!! sugarnado!!! Now I have an answer for my Mom when she stops by and says "What in the name of all that is holy happened in here?" Usually I just roll my eyes (yes, I'm married and have 2 kids, but sometimes............lol)

I first read this thread at 2 pages, went to make my new recipe - martha stewart banana cuppies and came back and it's at 12 or more. Geesh, now I'll never get the caramel frosting done.........

I'm still wondering if OP is really NOT a cake decorator. Maybe she heard of cakelurkers friend and wanted to snoop.

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:15am
post #186 of 2203

I wonder myself how she found the site. I found it through a recommendation from my teacher, and one of these days I'll get my pics and avatar figured out. But I love it!! I can't imagine going to any of my non decoratng friends and having them know a clue about this forum.

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:16am
post #187 of 2203

holy crap! I had to leave for about 2 hours & i come back to 13 pages! It was only 2 when i left. 2, people, 2! I'm trying to catch up but i'm only on page 6.

Are there still any pretzels left?

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:16am
post #188 of 2203
Quote:

Ya know, I think we have been had. First CL only knew baker wasn't watching because she logged off of yahoo, then she knows she's at a party that CL didn't want to go to. Have I read the posts wrong? It's all too crop-circley

Want more details?

Party mentioned that baker went to that I didn't want to go to was being held by another mom in our mom group. I didn't want to go because I had answered a month ago with a NO. Time came and the day's been one of those days where it's just a lazy day...still didnt feel like going.

What is crop circley?

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:18am
post #189 of 2203

Agh, Ayan, Me thinkie the gig's up.

mjballinger Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:19am
post #190 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

Great googly moogly!

I had to pour myself some wine for this thread. It has exploded!

Hubby has the last of the popcorn, the pretzels are stale ... wait!! Whoa, baby, I got ya all beat! I have a whole box of Dairy Queen Dilly Bars to get me thru this drama! Yeah, baby!!! icon_biggrin.gif

They still make Dilly bars? Oh man.

Actually, I was thinking that your husband might get some jokes for his comedy routine from this thread.

indydebi - your husband does comedy?? Professionally or just as a hobby? My hubby does it for a hobby - he needs a regular job to keep me in baking ingredients right now! Would I have heard of him? Sorry for all the questions, I just love comedy! Laughter really is the best medicine - otherwise I'd be a nut job by now.

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:19am
post #191 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakelurker

yeah, look I'm no longer called Newbie.

Thats NOT fair! Took me 3 weeks to loose my Newbie status! icon_confused.gif

*argh* icon_wink.gif

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:20am
post #192 of 2203

Sorry I can't resist....

1. I work with all men and I NEVER get this type of entertainment at work!! Thanks.

2. I have a hard time believing anything I've read. If someone says something about me, I would defend myself rather than sending someone else to do it.

3. CL too conviently (sp) has many of the answers to your questions. Are you sure you aren't the baker icon_smile.gif

4. I'm not the neatest person in the world but there is a certain level of mess - not dirt - that I'd expect in a kitchen. PS film on your counters, ok. Grease on the microwave, not so much... what were you doing, rolling fondant on the microwave?!

5. Someone said they wouldn't have paid her if they were in that situation. I wouldn't have either. I've refused to let the carpet cleaner in because he reeked. So I definitely wouldn't pay for something from a dirty kitchen (if I knew).

Just my two cents.

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:21am
post #193 of 2203
Quote:

Quote:

Want more details?

Party mentioned that baker went to that I didn't want to go to was being held by another mom in our mom group. I didn't want to go because I had answered a month ago with a NO. Time came and the day's been one of those days where it's just a lazy day...still didnt feel like going.

What is crop circley?

Wait a tick...wasn't there another thread about a mom group and underhanded complaints about a baker from a customer? Could it be the same posters?

mommakristin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakristin Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:21am
post #194 of 2203

Yes the stolen picture thread was on here last year.

I wasn't a part of that thread but read it later.

eldag0615- I hear ya!!! icon_rolleyes.gif Mine don't do band but I have one cheerleader and two football/basketball/track/golf/baseball/powerlifting boys. At any given time someone's tennis shoes, uniforms, or book make it's way into the kitchen. Though not while I am caking!!! Usually right after a game/meet/competition or right after school! LOL

eldag0615- don't take too long at Michaels or you will have a lot to catch up on!!! icon_eek.gif

I am wondering about the drive too. If this area has a lot of bakers why did OP pick this one? With the price of gas these days, and the economy the way it is; my DH would flip his lid if I drove 40 miles away to pick up a cake, paid for the cake/cupcakes, then drove 40 miles home only to throw away the cake/cupcakes and then order another from Walmart??? Just figuring in my head but that would be roughly $115.00 total when you look at the gas, the cake/cupcakes and another cake. Obviously not a smart cookie IMO.

kbak37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbak37 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:21am
post #195 of 2203

Ok, I got sucked in too! I have the beer and the wings....all kind of like Lost without the island.....lol!

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:22am
post #196 of 2203

msladybug, if you're still out there. THANKS. Those were some of the most fun cookies I've done yet!
Okay, katybug aka OP, if this is on the up and up, PM somebody or something. Ya gotta finish whacha start.

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:24am
post #197 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellBell22

Quote:

Quote:

Want more details?

What is crop circley?

If there were and it was my baker friend, she didn't tell me about it.

Wait a tick...wasn't there another thread about a mom group and underhanded complaints about a baker from a customer? Could it be the same posters?

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:24am
post #198 of 2203

ok.... If I were baker.... and I had just been reported to the Health Department...... I would be way to upset to attend any party.....
ANY party....

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:27am
post #199 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjballinger

indydebi - your husband does comedy?? Professionally or just as a hobby? My hubby does it for a hobby - he needs a regular job to keep me in

It's a spare time thing ... he's appeared at Crackers Comedy Club and he's been hired for some private parties, too. Being married 20+ years, that qualifies me as his head writer! And trust me ... a LOT of our spats and squabbles end up on stage! icon_lol.gif

wasabi106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wasabi106 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:29am
post #200 of 2203

First let me say that I am new to CC. I do enjoy decorating cakes as a hope and I founf the site several months ago. I have become quite addicted and I check it everyday know. Having said that... Thhis thread really cuaght my attention (as it seems to have everyone) and I have to thigs to say

1. Not that I don't believe her but Cakelurker stated that she was not a decorator and only joined the site to defend her baker friend. However inthe same statment (2nd post) she said that she chose the name cake lurker because she lurkes in the threads reading but not posting so wouldn't she have had to join before this incident

2. And second I am a firm beliver that if you aren't doing anything wrong no matter what others accuse you of the truth will come out. So if the bakers place is clean and you do not need a licencse in that state/county then it shouldn't matter if the health department comes out there shouldn't be any problems.

I am very interested to see if the truth ever really comes out- I have a feeling it will not. (But I will be here reading & hoping) Also you ladies rock!!!! I am so glad I found CC!

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:29am
post #201 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

ok.... If I were baker.... and I had just been reported to the Health Department...... I would be way to upset to attend any party.....
ANY party....

agreed. But then on the other hand wouldn't you want a diversion not to keep coming back here? I mean, look I'm up to over 30 posts now. Not to mention it's Saturay and the health department is closed. Right?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:32am
post #202 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

ANY party....

Unless it's a gathering of friends where she feels (a) comforted and (b) the feeling of escaping from the real-world for a little bit to have some relaxed time with friends.

People react differently to stressful situations. A co-worker got snippy at me when my grandfather died and I didn't break down and collapse in tears in the middle of the dept. like she thought I should have.

sugaluver Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaluver Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:33am
post #203 of 2203

Okay, this is great. Brownies in the oven...and I am here with my bowl, scraping out the rest and shoveling it in right here so I can read what is going on now. Hmmmm...bored much? LOL. This has been a real hoot.

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:33am
post #204 of 2203

Whew! I finally got through the end! Well - now I forgot what I was going to post! DARN IT! Lack of sleep - up all night drunk baking!

Oh yeah! I was going to ask if I'm the only one who has never gotten a tip!? I mean, if she can get a $10 tip with a dirty a** kitchen and a totally grossed out customer - WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? LOL

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:34am
post #205 of 2203

cakelurker.... I would be here.......... defending myself against false accusations... if that is indeed the case.. icon_smile.gif
Not sending a dear friend to fight my battles... icon_smile.gif

( probably gonna be sorry I said that... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif )

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:35am
post #206 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly27

Quote:

I'm starting to think the same thing!

Anyone notice the boys are awfully quiet tonight? Doug, Mike, where are you?????????????????

awfully quiet because:

1) I just got home....

2) ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! !@#$%^&*()_(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&^%$%^&%$%^$#@!@#$%$#@!@#$%^&^%$#@#$#@!#$%$#@#$%^&*^%$#@#$
I HATE DOING TAXES! which is what I've been doing at church (the treasurer!) and the Social Security website STINKS!
(OK done venting!!! -- catching breath)

3) repeat argh and symbols -- my cell phone is acting STUPID! and it's only 2 months old.

----
now as to this post....
welll, read 1st page, page 2, page 13 which became 14 as I read 13....(golly you all post FAST) (typical "listening skills" for a guy when women talk -- we hear the start, we hear the end and skip the middle) Will it be 15 by the time I finish typing this?

well it sure don't seem legit to me!

mjballinger Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:36am
post #207 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjballinger

indydebi - your husband does comedy?? Professionally or just as a hobby? My hubby does it for a hobby - he needs a regular job to keep me in

It's a spare time thing ... he's appeared at Crackers Comedy Club and he's been hired for some private parties, too. Being married 20+ years, that qualifies me as his head writer! And trust me ... a LOT of our spats and squabbles end up on stage! icon_lol.gif

That's awesome!! My husband always tells me he asked me out for the first time because he thought I was funny and the stuff I was saying were just jokes......only 10 years later is he realising that I was serious. Truth is the funniest thing sometimes!

teamsterbabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teamsterbabe Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:36am
post #208 of 2203

Well, just jump on the fridge thing...but don't mention anything about the driving and the chimney-smokin mama holding the cupcakes in her lap!!
Boy talk about side stepping the obvious...We have been had and it has been amusing...to say the least but this has all been a "lie".

Where is my Columbo?? Does the health department really call someone?? I think they are more inclined to be a little more stelthier than that...Helloo...is this Baker? We JUST got a call from one of your customers...Yes the one with the cupcakes...and we would like to come over to verify the greasy smeared Microwave and dirty handled fridge. oh you are going to a party...well maybe we can make an appointment for next Wednesday at 2pm.

Come on...LOL...
Cakelurker is up to something!! and I think she is holding the crop circlie thingie

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:37am
post #209 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickiewatanabe

First let me say that I am new to CC. I do enjoy decorating cakes as a hope and I founf the site several months ago. I have become quite addicted and I check it everyday know. Having said that... Thhis thread really cuaght my attention (as it seems to have everyone) and I have to thigs to say

1. Not that I don't believe her but Cakelurker stated that she was not a decorator and only joined the site to defend her baker friend. However inthe same statment (2nd post) she said that she chose the name cake lurker because she lurkes in the threads reading but not posting so wouldn't she have had to join before this incident

2. And second I am a firm beliver that if you aren't doing anything wrong no matter what others accuse you of the truth will come out. So if the bakers place is clean and you do not need a licencse in that state/county then it shouldn't matter if the health department comes out there shouldn't be any problems.

I am very interested to see if the truth ever really comes out- I have a feeling it will not. (But I will be here reading & hoping) Also you ladies rock!!!! I am so glad I found CC!

1. Let me clarify. I chose cake because this topic is about cakes. Before today I haven't been here. Lurker because HA, I try to stay out of the drama by only lurking and not commenting. Didn't mean this site, I meant other forums. When I posted my first thread I had every intention of it being my only thread.

2. Her feelings have been hurt. Her reputation could be on the line. damage her reputation. Not to mention the headache of dealing with the health department. Spic and span or not, it would have to be a headache and a PITA.

Somethin-Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Somethin-Sweet Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:38am
post #210 of 2203

I'm with LJ...........if it were not true then the baker should be defending herself here. Hey- here's a thought............what if the OP is really a decorator who placed the order just to have a reason to turn the baker in and shut down her competition???????? HUM>> icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%