Cake Dummies

Decorating By Acdogs Updated 25 Jan 2009 , 5:58pm by cookiemama2

Acdogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Acdogs Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 6:00pm
post #1 of 8

I am going to ice a 12in cake dummy withBC is there away I can do this and be able to reuse the dummy? The place I purchased it said you can just rinse it off anyone done this? Thank you

7 replies
j-pal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j-pal Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 8

Sometimes it's difficult to get off unless you use really hot, soapy water and even then it can sometimes still feel "greasy". You could cover your cake tightly with plastic wrap first. That way, you just remove the plastic wrap and the icing will all come off as well.

Acdogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Acdogs Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 8

Thank you I will give that a try

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 1:31am
post #4 of 8

I cover dummies in BC all the time. I never use saran. When I want to remove it (months later), I just get the spatula under the icing and run the spatula or knife around the dummy. The hardened icing pops right off. Wipe with a damp rag and it's ready to go again. It's not hard at all.

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:04am
post #5 of 8

what if i want to cover it with fondant?do i need saran...BC...fondant?

doublecz1103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doublecz1103 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 4:30am
post #6 of 8

def. cover it with saran wrap!! i didn't ... and i ended up having to throw away 3 of mine!! but then again.. i also had fondant on them.. it was not a pretty picture.

when i did it with fondant.. i just sprayed it with some water.. it worked great but i couldn't get it off!! i suggest wrapping it with saran wrap and them spraying with water.. the picture i have as my profile image (pink and white cake) is the cake i did it with..

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 12:56pm
post #7 of 8

Fondant - even old fondant - is completely water soluable. All you had to do is put the dummy in the shower or sink and let water run on it. 15 minutes or less later, you have a clean dummy.

I've been using the same dummy cakess for years.

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 5:58pm
post #8 of 8

THANKS I'M GOING TO TRY IT TODAY!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%