How Do I Make Ravioli!?

Decorating By stlcakelady Updated 23 Jan 2009 , 5:28pm by stlcakelady

stlcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlcakelady Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 6

Ok, so I need to make a cake 10" squareish to look like a huge ravioli. Problem is I can't figure out how. I was going to make the cake similar to the pillow tutorial on this site. However, when it comes to putting the fondant on I was going to have a bottom piece and a top piece and "seal" them together around the edges like a real ravioli. Then cut around the edges to get a crimped look. I don't know how to get the space in between the "meat" or cake and the edge of the ravioli. THere's usually a flat part but if I have a flat part in fondant with nothing in between it will flop right? Any ideas, I'm all out?

5 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:11pm
post #2 of 6

cheat, and use card? you could do it in dried gumpaste, but then you'd need a border between the edge and the main bit. dont have any better ideas im afraid, good luck!
xx

saramachen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saramachen Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 6

how about a thin thin layer or RKT?

stlcakelady Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 6

How would I get the rkt to join the main cake? Any thoughts? I was thinking of a flat piece of gumpaste shoved in between the layers a bit. What do y'all think?

saramachen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saramachen Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 6

Thats sort of what i was thinking with the RKT... just have the peice thin but wider than you need and put it between the layers of cake... but your gumpaste idea is better cause you can make the gumpaste much thinner than the rice krispies. and i would just sandwich the gumpaste inbetween the cake layers...

stlcakelady Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:28pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks! I appreciate your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%