3-D Football Helmet Cake

Decorating By DewieDupree Updated 23 Jan 2009 , 6:56pm by FlourPots

DewieDupree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DewieDupree Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 6

yes,

I am fairly new to cake decorating. I am taking classed and have done some in the past. I am looking for instructions on how to do a 3-D football helmet. Someone from another website ask if I had the 3-D football pan but I have not seen one so not sure where to get. Wilton's website did not have one. Any suggestions or help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you and have a blessed day

5 replies
VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 6

Are you making ahelmet or a football? Wilton sells a football pan, but to my knowledge, not a helmet pan. I made a helmet a few months ago ,its in my photos, using 2 round cakes and the soccer ball pan wilton sells. I stacked the 2 rounds, then put the half soccer ball on top(for the dome). I carved out a little in the front, and added a gumpaste facemask. It looked ok for my first, but i realy need to try it again. Anyway, good luck, i hope this helps.

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 6

Hi,
The only 3-D football pan that I know about is in the shape of a football, not a helmet. The way that I made my helmets was by using a cake baked in a pyrex bowl and 2 round cakes. The sports ball pan will work, but I couldn't find mine. You put the rounds down first and put the pyrex one on top. Carve the sides in a little bit, until you get the helmet shape. Hope that helps.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:02pm
post #4 of 6

I have a Wilton helmet pan, but it isn't 3-D. I'm sure it's an older pan, I got it off ebay, but haven't used it yet.

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:03pm
post #5 of 6

I've never seen a pan for a 3-d football helmet. However, here is directions on a fire helmet that might give you a starting place - at least in shaping the helmet:

http://www.cakecentral.com/article53-How-To-Make-a-3D-Fire-Helmet-Cake.html

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 6:56pm
post #6 of 6

I posted directions for the 3-D helmet cake in my little avatar photo, here: http://forum.cakecentral.com/need-instructions-for-a-foofball-ftopicp-6194052.html#6194052

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%