Yes, Another Business Name Thread

Business By Diesel Updated 26 Jan 2009 , 11:04pm by cylstrial

Diesel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Diesel Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 11

Okay. My husband has been urging me to set up a home business for my cakes and cookies but I have totally just procrastinated and probably more so didn't do it out of fear. Anyway, my church asked me to do a cake for our Grand Affair, topsy turvey to feed 250. After much thought I decided to decline since I wasn't 'legit' even though they didn't care about that aspect. However, it was just the thing I needed to get me going on the home business part.

So, now the big question.....what name???
I had been calling myself "AlyCakes and More" but I have kind of fallen out of favor with it (my husband didn't really like it either).
What do you all think of the following name:

The Confection Connection

Please be honest and I'm certainly open to suggestions.

Thank you,
Aly

10 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 11

I'm pretty sure that one has been taken (although it IS very catchy). Tell is a little more about yourself, your location, your interests...whatever you don't mind telling. I played around for several months and couldn't come up with a name, then one day my mom suggested using the road we live on in the name. I've lived on/around the Three Forks Road area all my life and it never occured to me to use it in my business name until my mom suggested it. One day when I design a logo, it will have three forks somewhere on it. Lots of possibilities!

Diesel Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 11

I did see that same name for a business in IL but I figured it was far enough away icon_smile.gif

Good idea.
I live in Loveland, Ohio (just north of Cincinnati), I am married and have 2 young girls. I LOVE sports (swam in college at Syracuse), exercising, photography, playing, baking of course.
I work full-time in the financial industry and started the whole cake and cookie thing as a hobby after my oldest daughter's first birthday but it has caught on a bit through word of mouth.
I have always loved to bake, wish I could say the same about cooking.
I want the name to be catchy, but not really hokie.
I don't really want it to have "cake" in the name since I also do cookies and some candies.
I didn't want my name in it as no one ever spells it correctly.
My street name is Old Farm Drive but I can't see that in the name at all icon_smile.gif

Help!!!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:52pm
post #4 of 11

Being from Loveland, that makes it easy to use the name of your town...What about "Loveland Sweets" or something simple like that?

need2sleep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
need2sleep Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 11

Ooh!!! I like "Loveland Sweets"!! One vote from me...Good luck deciding.

Diesel Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:02pm
post #6 of 11

Or
Loveland Confections (not sure why I love the word confections)

or
Loveland's nickname is the Sweetheart of Ohio so....

Sweetheart Confections

TOMAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TOMAY Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:09pm
post #7 of 11

I like both !!!!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:13pm
post #8 of 11

See now, Loveland just gets my wheels turning too. Since you are operation a home based business, how about:

Loveland Villa Confections
Loveland Cottage Desserts
Loveland Manor Sweets

Old Farm Specialty Shoppe <-- Had to throw that one in there since you didn't want to use your street name. icon_lol.gif

...or any combination of those? Just throwing some thoughts out there.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 9:54pm
post #9 of 11

Hmmm.. I like Sweetheart Confections! It's kind of hard to choose though.. there were such good suggestions. Goodluck!

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 11:34pm
post #10 of 11

Sweetheart Confections is kinda cute!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 11:04pm
post #11 of 11

So Diesel, did you decide on a name?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%