What Kind Of Insurance?

Business By AllyCake90 Updated 22 Jan 2009 , 5:29am by Carolynlovescake

AllyCake90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AllyCake90 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:52am
post #1 of 3

For an in-home bakery, presumably licensed & having passed health inspections what kind of insurance is a good idea?
There are some for auto, liability, etc.
Definitely liability, but what about others? Would health insurance be a good idea & does it come under any business insurance plans?
I am in VA, what companies do you recommend?
Thank you!

2 replies
Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:17am
post #2 of 3

I'd also like to know where you get the liability insurance many of you have mentioned that protects you if someone says they got sick from eating one of your cakes.

It'd be useful to know what companies you recommend and how much it might typically cost.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 5:29am
post #3 of 3

If you are delivering in your personal vehicle and are in an accident they be prepared for a rats nest.

I strongly suggest upping that auto policy to a business vehicle policy and not keeping it at a personal vehicle policy level.

Quote by @%username% on %date%