Has Anyone Used Henry & Henry Fillings?

Decorating By GummiCakes Updated 18 Jan 2015 , 7:31pm by Lfredden

GummiCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GummiCakes Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:44am
post #1 of 12

Global Sugar Art.com sells a filling for cakes made by Henry & Henry. Has anyone tried using this on their cakes? Any constructive feedback?

Thank you! icon_rolleyes.gif

11 replies
CindiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindiM Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 5:13am
post #2 of 12

Yes, I love them and have been using them for over 10 years. They are very stable and are perfect for wedding cakes or other occasion cakes. They are very inexpensive for something you can just fill the cake with and not have to spend the time making a filling. The flavors are wonderful. Try the Bavarian to get started. It is the vanilla pudding like found in a Boston Cream cake or donut. I order cases and cases of Henry and Henry filling. YUM! thumbs_up.gif

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 6:31am
post #3 of 12

I use them all the time. They taste great, have a long shelf life (unopened) and fridge life (if you use a partial sleeve). Only thing is they weigh 2 lbs each, so shipping $$$ can add up quick. My favs are bavarian cream, whole cherry, pineapple, banana cream and choc. bavarian cream. They have lots of flavors though.

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 12

I like the flavor of H&H much better than Lawrence fillings. I use Bavarian Creme, Choc Bavarian, Raspberry and Strawberry the most.

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 11:05pm
post #5 of 12

I am tempted to try them-how much does an average order run you guys including the s&h? The filling itself seems rather inexpensive.

Sugarchic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarchic Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 1:09am
post #6 of 12

I've tried the Bavarian and strawberry they were delicious. I have a guava and lemon that needs to be used.Oh I tried the cream cheese but I didn't care for it.

SweetHeather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetHeather Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 1:15am
post #7 of 12

Raspberry is my most requested flavor!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:31am
post #8 of 12

I'm planning an order from cakedeco.com w/in the next week & think I'll try some from them. They are cheaper, but I'm not sure how much s&h will be. So, if you have a $50 order or more you're needing to place you might give them a try. CindiM where do you get yours?

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:38am
post #9 of 12

I use them all the time. Wonderful...delicious. My favorites are the chocolate bavarian, lemon and raspberry. You should definitely try them.

justinsnaynay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justinsnaynay Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:37pm
post #10 of 12

I use them all the time. My favorite is the lemon but the strawberry seems to be the one that everyone wants in there cake.

CindiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindiM Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 1:12am
post #11 of 12

I am so glad everybody likes them as much as I do! I get mine from CKSouth which supplies shops like mine. Most all of the cake places sell Henry and Henry. I have tried others and I don't do that anymore. I go with the best.

My main shop suppliers besides CKSouth are Global Sugar Art, Cal Java, Country Kitchen, Sugar-craft, Chocopan, Best Brands and Wilton.

My brides love the Bavarian, Strawberry, Raspberry, Pineapple, Coconut and they love to mix them, like Coconut piped with chocolate buttercream for a "Mounds candy bar" type taste. In florida I use the pineapple, coconut for a pina colada. My most popular flavor is a lightly blended strawberry or Raspberry with the bavarian.

I make a lot of my own fillings, too. But it is a huge time saver when I can grab a sleeve of something so good!

Lfredden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lfredden Posted 18 Jan 2015 , 7:31pm
post #12 of 12

AHas anyone tried the Caramel (cajeta)?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%