I Have No Idea!!!

Decorating By Momkiksbutt Updated 24 Jan 2009 , 4:17am by Ruth0209

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 1:10am
post #1 of 12

Calling all CCr's!!! Yikes!! I have a client who just called for a consult on friday. My issue is that she wants an all cheesecake cake. 4 tiers...staggered. Here's the dimentions: Cake layers are all 3.5 inches tall. Starting at the bottom it goes like this: 14, 12, 10, 6.

My question to you all is this: How much do you charge for a cake like this??????? I am not sure what her budget is, but I am prepared to charge her whatever it costs...she will have to decided if it is worth it to her.

Please let me know your thoughts before friday....thanks ladies and gents!!

OH....and by the way....i go in tomorrow morning for a surgical consult on a couple of herniated disc's in my lower back...if you don't see me on in the near future...I am probably recooperating and hopefully back in one piece! Wish me luck and I'll be waiting to hear from you all on the answer to my cheesecake question....

Lisa thumbs_up.gif

11 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 12

No clue as to price the cake...however, if you do have back surgery follow all the post op suggestions! I thought I was superwoman and ended up having a fusion revision. So little missy...wear that brace faithfully and if you are ordered to use a bone stimulator by all means use it! (just being a mommy) mimi

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:09pm
post #3 of 12

Cheesecake is expensive to make. Price ALL of the ingredients and go from there.

Personally, I charge $5 a serving for a decorated cheesecake.

I hope your back gets better soon! icon_smile.gif

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 12

I went to a wedding where there were 4 staggered cheesecakes. They were decorated so pretty with flowers and they offered us 5 sauces in pretty dishes to choose from. It was gorgeous the way they had the table set up. Sorry for only input and no help for your issue. Good luck.

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 10:16pm
post #5 of 12

Thanks for the advise...and about my back...

Today I found out that my doctor is a retard....the neuro-surgeon told walked me through my MRI pictures and basically told me I have one of the healthiest spines he's seen...WAHHAAA?????

He is furious that both my doctor, the radiologist, got it soo very wrong. HE sees nothing like what I was told by everyone else. Worse is that he doesn't know why my back is giving me the problems it is, and there is no cure. Except he is recommending me for bariatric surgery. He knows, because I told him that 6 years ago when I lost 85 pounds, I still had the same issues, but he is hopeful that perhaps losing some pounds will ease the symptoms for me.

This whole experience has left me with no faith in my health care providers and a whole lot of unneccessary side effects from a shot I didn't even need. I'll be suffering them until that wears off in about 3 months...GRRRRR!!!!!!!

I don't know weather to trust anything else they tell me now. I liked the Dr. I met with today, and I felt sorry for him having to waste his time on me. At least I got a true analysis from him on my back, although it does nothing for me in the short term to ease my pain.

I'm frustrated but glad that no one will be cutting into me anytime soon.

He is recommending pain management via medications and then the lapband surgery to aid me in finally getting off this weight and keeping it off. Nothing I do helps on my own for very long....also very frustrating.

Isn't this just a kick in the head?? Oh well....I have to do what I have to do and hope that things go so I can get healthier and get back control of my body.

Wish me luck..

Oh, and I looked at a couple of sites that do cheesecake weddings....your price is about right according to them. Thanks again all!

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:57am
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momkiksbutt

Thanks for the advise...and about my back...

Today I found out that my doctor is a retard....the neuro-surgeon told walked me through my MRI pictures and basically told me I have one of the healthiest spines he's seen...WAHHAAA?????

He is furious that both my doctor, the radiologist, got it soo very wrong. HE sees nothing like what I was told by everyone else. Worse is that he doesn't know why my back is giving me the problems it is, and there is no cure. Except he is recommending me for bariatric surgery. He knows, because I told him that 6 years ago when I lost 85 pounds, I still had the same issues, but he is hopeful that perhaps losing some pounds will ease the symptoms for me.

This whole experience has left me with no faith in my health care providers and a whole lot of unneccessary side effects from a shot I didn't even need. I'll be suffering them until that wears off in about 3 months...GRRRRR!!!!!!!

I don't know weather to trust anything else they tell me now. I liked the Dr. I met with today, and I felt sorry for him having to waste his time on me. At least I got a true analysis from him on my back, although it does nothing for me in the short term to ease my pain.

I'm frustrated but glad that no one will be cutting into me anytime soon.

He is recommending pain management via medications and then the lapband surgery to aid me in finally getting off this weight and keeping it off. Nothing I do helps on my own for very long....also very frustrating.

Isn't this just a kick in the head?? Oh well....I have to do what I have to do and hope that things go so I can get healthier and get back control of my body.

Wish me luck..

Oh, and I looked at a couple of sites that do cheesecake weddings....your price is about right according to them. Thanks again all!

I feel your pain with Dr's. For the past year I've been having leg and arm weakness and bouts of paralysis in my legs. I've gone to 5 Dr's and no one knows what's wrong with me. They've given me probably a dozen different diagnoses and none of them were right. I've even been on medication for things that I didn't even have. Just to see if it would help. The last Dr. I just saw says that it's basically all in my head. icon_mad.gif At that point I just wanted to smack him. Ughhhh!! So anyways I completely understand your anger. Maybe you could get a second opinion. Although I've had 5 and it still hasn't helped me. I'm losing my faith in Dr's as well. Hang in there you'll get through it. Hopefully I can say the same.

minicuppie Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:23pm
post #7 of 12

I hope I am not stepping on any toes here...stay away from anyone wanting to do a spine "correction" aka chiopractor. That's where my problems started!

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:36pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by minicuppie

I hope I am not stepping on any toes here...stay away from anyone wanting to do a spine "correction" aka chiopractor. That's where my problems started!

Amen sister minicuppie! I went to doctors about back problems (starting with a chiropractor). After x-rays, MRI, etc., a spinal fusion was recommended. My SIL's brother had it and was more screwed up than before.

I went for a second opinion due to the fact I hate the thought of messing with any body parts that cannot be replaced. (i.e. a fingernail, or hair LOL).

Anyway, long story short, the second doctor determined it was degenerative arthritis, a condition that no surgery can improve, quite possibly would make it worse. icon_mad.gif Aleve and Tylenol are now my best friends. I still have bad days, but at least they aren't worse.

Definitely get a second or even third opinion when it comes to something like that.

thumbs_up.gif

Oops! Sorry, regarding the cheesecake issue, my formula cost of ingredients and supplies times 3 or 4.

minicuppie Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:42pm
post #9 of 12

Look for the good in every situation....I have willed my "erector set" to the church daycare!

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 3:30pm
post #10 of 12

Well if Cheesecake factory charges $42 for a 10" round 2" high cheese cake and this serves 16, that is $2.63 per serving, adding an additional inch in height will add 8 more servings making you dimension of a 10"x 3" $63.12 and that is UNDECORATED, plus cheesecake factory gets their ingredients dirt cheap, so your per serving price might need to be quite a bit higher, maybe as much as $2 per serving higher, so figure out what you would charge additionally for decorating the cakes I would say start at at least $6 per serving maybe more depending on how detailed the decor will be.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:55am
post #11 of 12

With such opposite opinions, I would make double-sure that the neuro was looking at YOUR films.

Mistakes happen!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 4:17am
post #12 of 12

Last July, my DH had a spinal fusion that resulted in a spinal fluid leak, four surgeries to fix what the neurosurgeon messed up in the first surgery, 25 days in the hospital, and his back is still so screwed up that he's been off work for six months.

Before you let ANY doctor cut on you, my advice is to talk to every nurse you can find. They're the only ones who will give you honest feedback about how good doctors are. Unfortunately, we didn't talk to the nurses until AFTER the surgery, and they all said, "Oh, my god, that doctor has a terrible reputation for bad outcomes. I wish you'd asked me first." Needless to say, so do we.

Look for every other reasonable option you can find and give it a good try before you resort to back surgery. As often as not, they don't help any better than any other remedies. My husband hurts as much as before the surgery, but now his feet appear to be permanently numb, and the doctor cut the crap out of the muscles in his back. He'll probably permanently have a lifting restriction. It all makes me ill.

SORRY, I don't know anything about cheesecake! But the whole bad surgery thing is a hot button with me right now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%