70Th Birthday Cake Help!

Decorating By beccap Updated 24 Jan 2009 , 11:15pm by beccap

beccap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccap Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 5

My mom's 70th birthday is coming. She collects carousel horses, even has a real one. I looked at the images of carousel cakes but all I find look like they are for children. I would like on that looks more "German" like the real ones. I am also open to something other than a carousel.
Thanks for your help.

4 replies
SS385Monte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SS385Monte Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 5

I'm getting ready to do a cake for my grandmother's 80th and found some cakes on here that were round cakes with pictures on them. So I'm doing three tiers (probably 10-8-6, but I'll decide for sure once we have all of the RSVPs in) with pictures of my grandmother throughout her life on each tier. Probably a couple flowers to accent and add some color (since a lot of the pics will be black and white). If you search for photo or photograph cakes there are some really neat ones on here!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:45am
post #3 of 5

Just this wk there was a carousel cake on the home page. I don't remember who did it icon_sad.gif Maybe you could find it. The poster said she would put up a step-by-step for the horse.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:45am
post #4 of 5

Found this one
at
http://www.pct.edu/pctoday/events/Scholars_Donors_Treated_to_Student-Produced_Carnival_Buffet.shtml

And this one
at
http://abiscakes.co.uk/pages/about.html

Oh, and I know this isn't what you are looking to do, but NordicWare has a limited edition bundt pan with carousel horses on it.

beccap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccap Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:15pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all for your help! You have some awesome ideas and pictures. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%