A Conversation With My Neighbor....

Decorating By FairyPoppins Updated 17 Apr 2010 , 3:03am by mamawrobin

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 7:47pm
post #31 of 71

This story is going into my all time favorites category! I think you should submit the "decorate your own cupcake wedding theme" to Martha Stewart. She'd really jump on that!

What I never understand fully is why a person will throw a fit because the MOST important piece of cake they will ever eat is (gasp) three bucks, but they are willing to fork over nearly six bucks for a piece of cake in their local Applebee's???

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 7:47pm
post #32 of 71

I'm seriously in friggin tears!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
I've had a pretty scary past 2 weeks, however I just can't stop laughing over these comebacks!!!
My niece is getting married feb 2010 I should suggest these things as they too don't like to pay for quality...

paper & crayons for photographer
clown for MC
Balloon for flowers
pot luck for food
Wedding = priceless

Real original!!!

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 8:15pm
post #33 of 71

Should have sent her to walmart for a cake.

FairyPoppins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FairyPoppins Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 9:08pm
post #34 of 71

Glad the story caused some chuckles! I only wish I'd thought of some of the funny responses you've posted. Crayons 'photos' and a 'balloon bouquet'. I should have directed her to the show 'My Sweet Redneck Wedding' for some extra ideas!

In fact while I was having the conversation I was thinking 'what would Indydebi say in this situation?' being as she has relayed some funny one liners from her cake making career!! Perhaps that will be my new mantra WWIS (what would Indydebi say). In fact the wedding is in Indiana.......

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 10:11pm
post #35 of 71

Maybe someone should tape episodes of Semi Homemade With Sandra Lee for these people... Like the "$500" cake she made out of a sheet cake and sugar cookies.

Deanna

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 10:21pm
post #36 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzycakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyPoppins

Neighbor - OK I'll ask the bride if I should do that. Perhaps we'll put pots of frosting and sprinkles at each table and let the guests decorate them themselves.

LOL!!! Then instead of a photographer, they can hand out crayons and construction paper so everyone can draw pictures of the happy couple!!! LOL

LOL! Ok - what is next! I can imagine the look on my wedding quests faces as they prepare their own cupcakes...where are the party hats and pin the tail on the donkey.

Great story.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 10:32pm
post #37 of 71

WWIS! I love it! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif The whole story is too funny.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 10:35pm
post #38 of 71

Okay, I want to be the one to rent the soft serve ice cream machine, and sprinkle/syrup/topping bar, to go along with the fancy dancy self-fix'um-up cup cakes to them. Now that they would pay $300 for in a flash!
Sounds like a blast!

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 10:37pm
post #39 of 71

FairyPoppins, your reciting of that conversation was a SCREAM!!

Wendl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendl Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 10:42pm
post #40 of 71

Dollars to donuts that the 'cake' that is selected will qualify for "Cake Wrecks" blog!!! (and NOT on a Sunday issue - where she showcases GREAT cakes)

Oh, wait - here's the deal - it will be a 'cupcake cake'!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Gads!
Wendl

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 10:50pm
post #41 of 71
Quote:

LOL!!! Then instead of a photographer, they can hand out crayons and construction paper so everyone can draw pictures of the happy couple!!! LOL

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Rezzy, I can't stop laughing!!!

I know someone that on her invitatin she put---"Please don't bring a gift, but cash is gladly accepted...and please bring a main dish of your choice" icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif ---
She also put kodak cameras on each table and she collected the cameras at the end icon_biggrin.gif
and no, this couple are not poor, but this was her 3rd marriage LOL icon_biggrin.gif
So, just for 'fun' I put $1 in a plain envelope and brought chips and salsa as a main dish...I don't think she'll invite me to her 4th wedding though icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 10:51pm
post #42 of 71
Quote:

Quote:

Neighbor - OK I'll ask the bride if I should do that. Perhaps we'll put pots of frosting and sprinkles at each table and let the guests decorate them themselves.

Me - (imagining ruined table linens)Yes, that sounds lovely!!!!!!!!!

That is so funny, icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 10:52pm
post #43 of 71

Too funny with the DIY wedding! Who's going to clean the wedding attire for all the guests, when they get buttercream on their Sunday clothes while trying to decorate their own cupcake!? Can you imagine? Even if it was a down home redneck potluck, I can't imagine that being something anyone would be 'into'. LOL

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 10:53pm
post #44 of 71

shiney said:

Quote:
Quote:

Okay, I want to be the one to rent the soft serve ice cream machine, and sprinkle/syrup/topping bar, to go along with the fancy dancy self-fix'um-up cup cakes to them

Ok now, make sure you're sitting down for this, but I know a young couple doing just that for their reception. icon_confused.gif (not the cupcakes, but the self-serve ice cream) Not only are they having ice cream with sprinkles, but they are also--wait for it--having a cereal bar where guests can pick from about 5 different cereals and either white or chocolate milk! icon_eek.gif Now, as I said this couple is pretty young( 21 & 22 ) but the really weird thing is they have asked me to make their wedding cake for them and it is actually very elegant?!? Anywhoo, I guess there's no accounting for taste sometimes!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 10:54pm
post #45 of 71

Sounds kind of like my brother's first wedding. The MOB was so cheap, that she sat in the front row with her cheapass camera -one with the cube flash on top, from the '70's-and took her own pics b/c she didn't want to pay for pics at her dd's wedding. I have always wondered where she was able to find the replacement flash bulbs for the thing.

I don't want to hijack OP's thread, but the reception was a owl of Triscuits and some cheese crackers with that squirty cheese-in-a-can on top.

The bride wore a Tasmanian Devil tshirt and gym shorts with a corsage as her going away outfit. icon_eek.gif and her fam wore their dress jeans to the wedding. Then they all drove away in their expensive foreign cars.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 12:50am
post #46 of 71

I can't stop laughing, please, please keep us updated on this wedding. Your dialogue with your neighbor fairypoppins was the best, I could just visualize it & how on earth did you keep a straight face?

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 2:45pm
post #47 of 71

After soo much time this post is still hilarious!!! Love the paper & crayons for the photographer!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Butterpatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterpatty Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 3:08pm
post #48 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzygirl

Snort, giggle, I think I just peed my pants I laughed so hard

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 3:14pm
post #49 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Quote:

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Rezzy, I can't stop laughing!!!

I know someone that on her invitatin she put---"Please don't bring a gift, but cash is gladly accepted...and please bring a main dish of your choice" icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif ---
She also put kodak cameras on each table and she collected the cameras at the end icon_biggrin.gif
and no, this couple are not poor, but this was her 3rd marriage LOL icon_biggrin.gif
So, just for 'fun' I put $1 in a plain envelope and brought chips and salsa as a main dish...I don't think she'll invite me to her 4th wedding though icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I did the camera thing at my wedding, and its actually a really fun idea. I had my guests take there own photos at the reception and evening do ( i still had my own proper photos done ) But after we got our guests pictures developed, they were a scream, lots of really happy natural shots, it still is wonderful to look through them now and think, that was a brilliant night!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 3:21pm
post #50 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Just wanted to add that I went to a wedding with the disposable cameras but they actually (I kid you not) made the guests raise their hands (the dj asked for a show of hands) on which ones would agree to take a camera home, develop it, and return the photos back to the bride and groom!!!! Now that's TACKY on steroids!

floral1210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floral1210 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 3:26pm
post #51 of 71
Quote:

Quote:

THIS TOTALLY CRACKED ME UP...SITTING AT WORK LAUGHING LIKE A HYENA!! LOVE THIS IDEA...

ladyanaely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyanaely Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 3:29pm
post #52 of 71

HA HA HA HA HA HA I can't stop laughing, that was so funny, I'm picturing the guests decorating their own cupcakes.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 3:47pm
post #53 of 71

People stole some of the cameras at my wedding!!!! I laugh about it now but man, back then I was ready to get search warrants to search their houses! lol!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 3:52pm
post #54 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_girl816

People stole some of the cameras at my wedding!!!! I laugh about it now but man, back then I was ready to get search warrants to search their houses! lol!!!

Heck, a lot of my family would think they were the wedding favors and they'd complain because you didn't get a camera for EVERYONE at the table! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

(There's a reason I live 75 miles away from all of them! icon_rolleyes.gif )

MaryAllison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryAllison Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 4:11pm
post #55 of 71

You all don't know how much I needed to find this thread this morning. You all are truly a blessing!

Keep 'em coming!!! icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 4:23pm
post #56 of 71
Quote:

OMG that's too funny!!! icon_lol.gif

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 5:08pm
post #57 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyle

Quote:

I
and let the guests decorate them themselves.

!!

That reminds me of the joke where the punch line is ... "And my husband sent me to ettiquette lessons, and they taught me that instead of telling people to F*** Off, I should just say "Oh, that's so very nice.""

You truly are practically perfect in every way!!!

Oh gosh......I didn't know it wasn't proper ettiquette to tell people to F *** off!?! LOL

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 5:17pm
post #58 of 71
Quote:

Quote:

LMAO!!! Freakin hilarious! Good one

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 5:28pm
post #59 of 71

That surely takes the cake -
Haven't heard of anything so funny............ or tacky in ages.

Besides thisPlease don't bring a gift, but cash is gladly accepted...and please bring a main dish of your choice"

Thanks for the laughs

Bluehue.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 6:14pm
post #60 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

That surely takes the cake -
Haven't heard of anything so funny............ or tacky in ages.

Besides thisPlease don't bring a gift, but cash is gladly accepted...and please bring a main dish of your choice"

Thanks for the laughs

Bluehue.

Ahhh, thanks for bringing this back! for some reason I've lost it. It is very funny huh?

I was the one that attended the wedding where the couple wanted cash instead of gifts icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif
Good thing she didn't know that I like making cakes huh?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%